Prologue

"Ah Ra," a shaky voice called out. Not answering directly to him, she turns around to find her once innocent brother covered in something dark, wet, and stained.

"W-what happened?" She stuttered, horrified. It took a while for her brother to respond, after still being in shock, he confessed.

"I don't know. I-I just woke up like this." His hands shaking right before him uncontrollably, with hot tears caressing his cheeks uninvitedly. Ah Ra springs to her feet, walking cautiously towards her distressed brother. Not knowing what to do, she tries to brush off the stains on his clothes. Becoming frustrated, she strokes harder and harder, praying and hoping it would magically rub off.

"Do you remember. . . anything?"

"No, but my head hurts." He rubs the back of his head, wincing in pain. Eyes going wide, she drags him over to the living room, trying her best to clean him up. In a frantic, she begins to cry as well.

After many attempts, she advises him to change and take a shower, cleaning the outside appearance. It took a bit of time for him to wash up. Standing there, figuring out what had happened. Memories from the last twelve hours were gone. He doesn't remember going out with friends. He doesn't remember taking any medication. So why does he feel as if something is missing? As if Ah Ra is hiding something.

Leisurely walking back to the living room, he listens to a humming noise coming from his sister's bedroom. There, she stuffs his belongings into a pale blue backpack, casually prancing around in her room, smiling. For a few seconds, he wondered as to why in this desolated period of time, she is smiling. Not too long ago, she was crying, thinking how could something like this have happened. But now, she smiles as if something of hers is working out. Clearing his throat, he pushes the door open, startling Ah Ra.

"Oh!" She raises her voice a bit, scared. "You surprised me!" She laughs.

"What's going on?" Ah Ra tilts her head confused as to why he asked that.

"Oh, um, we need to talk." She motions him to sit at the edge of her bed.

She sits there silently for a few moments, piercing her lips together, conjuring up ways to summarize her topic of what she's going to say. For him, his heart is pounding; he knows "we need to talk" isn't something light.

"So, I thought it would be best that you leave." Ah Ra says bluntly.

"Why?"

"Whatever you did or whatever happened, you can't stay." He knew it wasn't good.

His breath became heavy. His limbs, unmovable. He must've done something for his sister to send him away because she's never done this; leave him to fend for himself with something he is clueless about. "What did I do?" His voice cracks with despair.