Facing Dad

The thoughts of facing dad and saying the right words that won't cause troubles race the fear in my heart. I'm not good at communications. I'm an introvert, well that's what people say.
I think I should go and talk with my dad after all he's my dad.
Hey Sandy! Dad smirk...
How's school?
Really is he going to start off with something so quick? Here's a jist of what my dad is like. He's always dedicating himself to his work and does not have much time with his family. We only have conversations when it's about school and he only wants to hear the best..Yeah that's all parents wish.. that brings us back to his question....
School is great...we have finals coming up in a week.
How's your professors?
They're excellent.
Dad...I..Uhm been thinking about letting you know the current situation... mom hasn't been treating me well these days.. and it's been affecting my studying schedule as well as my growth. I don't feel at home anymore.. When I'm at home I don't feel comfortable.. I'm thinking maybe you could transfer me on the college dum...or maybe we could find another way out.
I couldn't tell the look that was in my dad's face..this one was different from the others look. Was it that he was mad,or surprise?  That I couldn't tell. Well... he signed out of disbelief...
I will talk to your mom about this and we'll talk this over. I have to go. Be a good girl now, he said as I watch him pace out the door and off to work.