Where it all began

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and I don't know  am I a good story writer, but I decided to give it a try. Also, English is not my native language, so if you notice some mistakes please don't judge.

Lea was running in the dark. A vicious man was behind her, she could hear his footsteps. Then he took her hand and squeezed it tightly. Suddenly, an alarm clock woke her up. She was covered in cold sweat. Scream was just about to get out of her mouth, but she realized she was in her room and no one was there. She took a shower and went downstairs to have breakfast. It was already on the table. She said good morning to mom and dad with an absent minded smile. ,,Are you alright?''her mom asked ,,You look exhausted!, she said. ,,I'm fine, just had another nightmare, said Lea. ,,Maybe you should see someone, you have been having nightmares for months now.''Lea just nodded, like she wasn't listening and went to school.

When she came in she started looking for her friend Andrew. He was her only friend, since preschool. He had black hair and blue eyes with some green in them. He was a keen on unexplained just like Lea. They both loved psychology and paranormal, that's why they were great friends. They had some differences, but it didn't matter to them. But Andrew was dealing with stuff... he was bullied and beaten up a lot. He lived only with his mom who was alcoholic. But he was always there for Lea, when she cried he would hug her and buy her an ice cream. She was so happy to have him. 

She couldn't find him in the hall, he wasn't even where his locker was. Suddenly, she saw him coming out of the principles office with his nose still bleeding. His bullies went out behind him. He suddenly ran away . Lea started running after him ,,Andrew!!! Come back!! Please, wait for me! But he wasn't listening. 

She spent whole day wondering where could he have gone? What's wrong? Is he ok? She had a very bad feeling in her gut...like something died. She just ignored it, but it was there...When she came home her mom was acting very weird. ,,Mom? Is everything alright? asked Lea.

,,I'm afraid not...come here. I have to tell you something...Lea was staring at her. She could sense this will knock her of her feet. ,,Andrew....''

,,Andrew what???!!! Tell me!! She yelled with tears in her eyes.

,,Sweetheart, he killed him self. He was already dead when they found him..''

Everything around Lea faded away. She screamed from the top of her lungs and words ,,He killed himself'' kept echoing in her head. Her mom hugged her...but nothing on earth could make her feel better. She had hard time breathing...She ran upstairs in her room and cried her self to sleep...Then she saw Andrew. He was standing there still, smiling. ,,Andrew!! You are alive!

He didn't say a word just approached her and hugged her tightly. Then, he turned around and walked away. 

Lea opened her eyes and found her self in the dark, feeling more lonely than ever. Tears were just coming out of her eyes...usually she couldn't cry for a very long time, but now it was different. She lost an only person she could rely on...

In the morning she didn't feel like waking up. She spent most of the night crying. But she had to go to school, that lonely place without Andrew in it. When that thought came to her mind, tears came back again. Her mom made her eat breakfast, but she wasn't hungry...she just wanted to see him in school smiling and telling her stories about aliens and ghosts. She was still denying the fact he is dead. 

As she thought, school was very lonely without him. People asked her questions, out of curiosity. She just couldn't answer  and she didn't want to. Her heart was drowning in an ocean of grief, anger and sadness...

Hope you liked this first part of my story. If you did or didn't please let me know me in comments. Thanks for reading! XOXO

MadHatter