Prolouge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I
"Mom where's daddy ." My 4 year old daughter asked for the hundredth time this week. Looking in the rear view mirror . I seen the man I fell in love with ; married, had a beautiful daughter with , and who I hated to this very day. For leaving his wife of 5 years and his precious daughter behind.

"Why did he have to leave ?" I started,"What the hell did I do to deserve this ? How did I push him to the edge ? "

Year after year ; and day after day Kimberley Thomas thought this inside her head . It hurt that she had to tell false information to her daughter under her whole will.

If it was up to her she would just say how he left without a trace.And how she think he's somewhere living in Colorado with his white chick and mixed kids . Who knows maybe he was somebody she seen on the way to work and didn't recognize him? Or one she really loved the thought of : he was living under a bridge.

Even though she thought this she dared herself to tell her daughter. Building up confidence to tell her but looking in those sweet eyes just tear it right back down.

Even though in her brain Kimberley was depressed and all types of fucked up . Airriol was raised like she was Beyoncé kid. Newest shoes , hair on fleek , designer clothes etc . Through it all she stayed humble and sweet. She might've dressed like she was going to a basketball game when really going to an pizza parlor with friends. Or dress like she was high classed and uptight when really she was really pure and innocent.

After Shawn up and left she went back to school and finished for a Marketing Degree . Later getting loans and sums of money until she got her Safe Haven: Pretty N Ink . It was a feminine tattoo shop. Female workers and female customers , sometimes. Men were welcomed and came in frequently to get tatted up or piercings. Anyhow business started booming after the second year of opening. She paid all her loans back to her banks and friends.

Airriol listened to her mom. Never asked about her father because she knew how it phased her. And she wasn't out being fast like other 16 year olds getting pregnant. It just wasn't her character. 16 &Pregnant was not what she was trying to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                 Leslie Alsina was the opposite though

Leslie Alsina was the opposite though. Born and raised in New Orleans. At the age of 23 he was a drug dealer. Feared in LA ; hearing his name made girls faint, cops automatically investigate , and niggas to squirm in their own homes.

If you go and ask him was he where he wanted to be in life he would tell you no. Instead of being the reason of why you couldn't sleep last night he wanted to be a basketball player .

In his yougin days he lived and breathed basketball. He once had a scholarship to UCLA but failed to get out here in time . Due to being at a party his homie drug him to when he was 19.The police came due to complaints from too loud Musi made by neighbors. And since he was black the police automatically thought he had something to deal with in the shooting that was 3 nights before.

So he was cuffed, taken downed to the station to be investigated, and sentenced to two years for the possession for an unknown firearm. How that got that , nobody but God knows. Being in jail he missed the tryouts for the team.

21 year old August got out and made a game plan to get the hell out of New Orleans , Louisiana. Even though he wasn't gonna be able to be on the basketball team. August still had felt safe of the idea of going to LA. He thought maybe since he couldn't be a basketball player he could get a big break and become a singer.

Once he got there, he of course needed money to survive in the Baton Rouge streets . He soon found a dealer who was looking for some more street pharmacists.

Let's just say news traveled fast because once Travis Labranch heard his little brother was out and in L.A he rushed down to his side . At first Leslie was iffy about how his brother keep in touch with him while he was in the pen . But then realized he shouldn't care because they were blood and they were raised that it was their family against the world .

A/N ~ Hope you guys liked it .
Please vote and comment . Suggestions are always needed of course