Home Sweet Home

As I process my thoughts on what I should do this summer, I walk downstairs and ask my mom if she has any newspaper that she doesn't need. "Uh, why honey?" says mom. "I don't really have anything to do so i'm just looking for a job..." As embarrassed as I could be, my mom grin's and laughs at me. "Oh Tiffany, you seriously think you can get a job?" I put my hands on my waist and look at her. "Well why can't I mom? I'm 17 I can handle a job." My mom laughs and reaches for a newspaper in our front yard. As she walks back in I realize why she's doubting me. "Mom, last year was last year. My old job was a piece of crap anyways." Last year, I worked in a salon, there was this sassy woman who insisted that I give her a little trim. As I was working on her, a bee came in and I panicked so I moved and cut half of her hair off. I got fired immediately. Mom looked at me like I was joking, "Honey, you can't be serious, you can't get a job. Unless you find something you can cope with, your screwed!" 

     As i'm walking upstairs, I decide to simply look threw these newspapers and see if I can find anything. As I seek this newspaper, I find an opening big and clear. "Camp Crystal Lake" I go down to the description to find something short but simple. "Camp Crystal Lake was established in 1935. If you want to be hired, just call this number." I think about it and as shocking as it could get, their paying $150 an hour! I go downstairs and go on my wall phone. I type in the numbers and pray that I get this job. As i'm about to speak, someone says in a deep voice, "Are you here for the job?" I suppose it could've been someone waiting for a call, so I say "Yeah, also can my friends have that job too? I'm not sure-" He cuts me off and says in a low tone, "I insist you come alone and don't bring any friends, unless you want something to happen. "Then i'm not going!" As i'm about to hang up, he speaks one last time. "Fine! Be here tomorrow at  10:00 am, SHARP!" He hangs up and I smile then give all my friends a call so we can hang out in some cabins.