-Part 1-

Hey! I will be updating this in parts. It's all prewritten so like every few days I'll update it or so idk depends on how I feel. I might do it all tonight who knows. But yeah enjoy!!!

Cover Art by @ Saraleann on Framecast!!! (Thank you so much!)
-Lonelion924

____________________________________________________

Gunfire echoed throughout the dark, abandoned city. Glitched vermin scattered from the sound. The city of Framecast had fallen years ago. And Glitches had taken over. The majority of the population had either died or succumbed to the torturous fate of having their body virtually ripped apart by a Glitch. Accounts had crumbled, leaving many animations and animators helpless to the virus. After a brief silence, the gunfire sprang back into existence followed by the inevitable screams of a previous Framecast citizen.

"Bread get back here!" Shouted the grayish unicorn. Kenta could feel his heart slamming against his ribs as the small cat pelted toward him. He heard the screeching white noise of a Glitch appear behind him. The horse turned swiftly around, aiming his horn straight at the monster's head. A blinding streak of red magic collided with its weak spot and the Glitch fell to the ground, shattering into pixels on impact. "Kenta!" Tiny screams broke through the almost unbearable sound of Glitches. Kenta spun back toward Bread. He felt his heart stop. Three humongous Glitches had their claws fastened around the cream colored cat's frail body. "No." The word only came in a whisper, when Kenta had meant to shout it. His hooves were glued to the ground. He couldn't move. All he could do was watch in horror as the creature he cared most about was overcome by luminescent green light. He watched as the pale blue and green eyes were blotted out by a shining, lifeless, white and as the small cat's body went limp. Two of the Glitches released the body, the other looked straight at Kenta. It's featureless face stared the horse down as it put the motionless cat into its mouth. The body clamped tightly in its jaws, it, it turned and bounded away. Kenta's vision blurred with tears and hatred. Bread was gone.

An explosion in a nearby room made the horse look over. There was a burning hole in the wall, of which his companions Saraleann and Liria jumped through. Saraleann was firing at a Glitch behind her while Liria threw a knife into another's chest. Liria's grey speckled ear swiveled in the direction of Kenta. She looked in his direction. "What are you doing?! Get out of here! Go catch up with Warpy, Lion and Spec! They need you!" Kenta stood in the same place. Saraleann glanced over her shoulder at the unicorn. "Kenta, where is Br-?" Her words were interrupted by a Glitch swatting the gun out of her hands. She leaped back, her tattered red cape flowing around her side. Her foot caught the edge of the jagged remains of the wall and she tumbled to the floor. Liria snapped her attention back to her comrade and she ran to help Saraleann up.
A whining shriek filled the air, accompanying the ever present hum and hiss of surrounding Glitches. Kenta looked over to the dark doorway just in time to see an abnormally shaped Glitch crawl through it. Green strands of code dripped from its jagged mouth. Kenta knew that this was not going to end well as he realized how many Glitches surrounded himself, Saraleann and Liria. He'd wasted so much time. He would mourn Bread later. "This is bad." The voice of Saraleann made Kenta look up. She and Liria had come over to Kenta. He nodded. "I don't want to die." Liria whispered. Saraleann stared at her partner. Throughout this entire mess, she'd never once seen Liria express any sort of fear. Her spotted ears were quivering. Saraleann took out her pistol, which wasn't very effective against Glitches, but it was the only weapon she had left. She could feel Kenta tense up and the quickly growing number of Glitches circled the group of animators. This was it. The end of all of their hard work. They could only hope that the others would make it to the core of the building and shut the entire system down. A Glitch threw itself toward Liria and she braced herself for impact. However it never came. A tremendous crash echoed throughout the large room. The Glitch lay crushed under a circular slab of metal. Saraleann looked up to see where it had come from. A brown and black head looked down at them. Kenta looked up too. "BBT?!" The tanuki waved. "Hurry up and get up here before I have to save your asses again."