Get To Bed

I didn't choose to be like this. I never thought I'd end up like this. I knew there were girls like me but I didn't think I would become one of them.

Josa. We know you can hear us.

"Go away."

Josefina.

"Just leave me alone!" I yelled.

I did yell. But at what? Nobody was there. Nobody was home. Well, except for them. My demons.

I looked over at the digital clock. It was 3:26. I had to get some sleep. It was my first day of hell tomorrow. Oops, I meant school. I shifted so that I faced my nightstand and turned the light on. I soon after found my earbuds and plugged them into my phone. I turned off my light to try to get some sleep. If I was gonna get any sleep, this would help. I turned so that I was lying on my left side and looking straight at the wall. I guess I was making too much noise with my movements because that's when I heard a gentle knock on my door.

"Josa?" a soft voice called out.

My door cracked open a little and my mother's face appeared.

"Mi amor, why are you still awake? You should be getting some rest for your big day tomorrow."

"That's what-," I began to protest but I decided against it. "You're right. I should."

"Alright sweetie, get to bed." the words left her soft lips. "Goodnight, I love you."

"Love you too, Mom. Night." I said barely above a whisper just as my mom closed the door.

Now, I'm gonna try to get some sleep whether I want to or not.