Chapter 1

Kate and Steve are doing paperwork in the AC-12 office when someone they didn't recognise walked over to Ted's Office. The man was tall with dark hair buzzed on the sides and longer on the top. This wasn't an unusual occurrence but he had a strange auro which grabbed their attention, that was until Ted pulled down the blinds.

Kate went back to doing her work whilst Steve could only half concentrate on the CCTV Footage he was supposed to be watching, he was the nosier of the two and he just didn't feel right about the guy that had just walked into Ted's office. He looked to Normal, Too innocent, No one in AC-12 was innocent. Which was odd given the unit was designed to stop people breaking the rules.

It was about half an hour or so before Ted and the tall dark haired man left the office and walked over to Steve's desk.

"This is DI Ian Keller, A new Fella joining the team. I've filled him in on the case. Any new leads." Ted asked looking at Steve.

"We have a lead on the old Jackie Laverty case but were not sure how relevent it's going to be to us yet, since Yates is dead." Steve informs him.

"Keep me updated." Ted says retreating back to the office and shutting the door behind him.

"Kate" Steve calls and Kate picks up some paperwork and makes her way over standing next to the new DI.

"Yeah, I couldn't find any anomalies on the old files everything seems pretty standard." Kate tells him handing over the old files.

"Hi DI Ian Keller I transferred over from the east mids missing person unit." Ian tells them.

Steve and Kate both look at each other before they begin to chuckle.

"I don't think you should be laughing. Missing persons is a very serious job." Ian tells them sternly as an annoyed expression spreads across his face.

"Sorry no, were not laughing at that. Why did you make the jump?" Kate questions hiding another laugh.

"Ummm..... You know .... keep the corruption stuff at bay." Ian replied. Kate's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked over at Steve.

"Right, Um I've got to go and chase some leads. I need you to stay here and check this CCTV footage for anything suspicious." Steve tells Ian handing him the bunch of tapes of of his desk.

"I don't have a desk." Iain says sheepishly.

"You can have desk 7 just over there." Steve says pointing at the desk before grabbing his black Suit jacket and leaving the office.

Ian places the tapes on his newly assigned desk and makes his way over to see Kate.

"So who was that, never did give me his name." Ian asks Kate. 

"Oh that's Steve but just call him Arnott. He doesn't tend to warm to people quickly." Kate tells him smiling a little at the amount of times Steve had frightened off the new DI's.

"So who's like the top dog here?" Ian asks.

"Well We're a team obviously but Hasting's the most senior ranking officer." Kate replies.

"You were on that case the Jackie Laverty Murder weren't you?" Ian asks.

"Yeah, truly horrible that the culprit was never found." Kate says through gritted teeth as she wondered why he was asking.

"I heard that she wasn't actually dead." Ian smiles slightly.

"That's new information to us, where did that come from?" Kate asks raising her eyebrows slightly.

"I erm, heard from another officer. Probably just playing tricks on me always did say I was gullible." Ian shakily responds before walking back over to his desk and getting started on his work.

||Couple of hours later||

Kate and Steve meet in the infamous graffiti tunnel. It was dark as usual only lite by a few small lights in the tunnel.

"The lead has thus far been a dead end, get anything from the CCTV?" Steve asks with a look of hope.

"No but I did have an interesting conversation with Ian." Kate tells him.

"Right and the relevance is?" Steve asks.

"He reckons a copper told him Jackie's not dead, now with the DNA evidence we found it can't just be a coincidence." Kate informs him.

"He's knows more than he's letting on." Steve tells her.