Chapter 1

Something real. 

It is indeed very hard to find. A new life, new beginning, that's what my mom use to say.

This is probably the third time in a year that we have migrated to a new town. I'm pretty sure there's nothing special we can find in this new town that we didn't see before: the noisy family living next door, children running around the neighborhood, the curiosity of everyone else to the new family. And that feeling you get, like your falling down....

I am literally falling down!, the last thought I had just before the ground disappears from under my toes. 

Something hits me. The contents inside the box I was holding came tumbling out. Silverware scattered everywhere. 

"Ow!" says a voice I don't even recognize."Get off of me!" it continued to complain.

The nerve of this person!

"You were the one who couldn't possibly see a person, not when your life depended on it." I retorted. Turning around to see the little imbecile. He was a guy, about 5'9" tall, lean, blond ,but not barbie blonde, more like dirty blonde bordering more on brunette. I would guess he was a little older than me. Maybe 18 years old.

"You were standing in my way." he said, thankfully oblivious of the fact that I was staring at him or maybe just ignoring it. "Or you were just blinded by my godliness." Nope my impasse did not escape him.

"Oh wow! Cocky and blind. How can I stand in your way if you're the one who's in my property." 

"Kitten, what are you doing down there? And why are all the silverware scattered on the ground?" My mom, who finally noticed me splayed on the ground with a complete stranger, asks.

"I was going to bring this box in when...." I tried to explain.

"Clean that up! We'll be having visitors this evening and we can't let them be eating dirt from the utensils." she interrupted and then went back inside the house.

I looked at my nameless attacker who seemed to have gone silent over this whole exchange. Only to find him trying to control his laughter.

"What?" I snapped.

"Oh nothing, Kitten. I was just eavesdropping." He laughed.

"Its Cassie, Cassie Evans and don't ever call me that again or I might skin you alive." I stand up and pick up the silverware. More work for me.

"I'm Matt. Was that your mom,Kitten?" he said trying to tick me off while giving me the rest of the silverware.

"Yeah and I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." I turned around and headed inside. 

Unexpectedly, he also followed inside.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I demanded. 

"Trying to help." He said mischievously.

"I don't know how that is possible considering you are stalking me." Desperately trying to look for the kitchen. I made a wrong turn and ended up in the living room. I didn't know this house was little big.

"Are you planning to hang those in the living room walls? Because the kitchen is this way." He said pointing to another doorway at the opposite side. 

"I know my way around." I snapped, walking past him.

"Okay if you say so." He said and I couldn't see him I can hear a smile in his tone.

"You can leave now, you know." I said finally finding the kitchen. I put the box on top of the countertop and took out the utensils. To my surprise Matt rolled his sleeves up and startes running the water.

" I can, but that would ruin my perfectly amusing afternoon." He said. "You soap, I rinse"

"Well, I'm honored to be your entertainer." I replied sarcastically.

We started washing the utensils. We were almost done when he sprayed water on my top. 

"Hey, watch it!' 

"Sorry, it was an accident." he said giving me one of those smirks.

 To get back to him, I wiped some of the soap in my hands to his face. "Oh sorry, that was an accident too!" I replied feeling contented.

"Oh really??" he challenged trying to blow the bubbles on his face. He looked so stpid doing it, and the next thing I knew I was laughing so hard I didn't notice him turning the faucet up spraying me with more water. 

"Stop it!" I said bubbling with laughter as I try to attack his hair with my sponge. 

All hell broke lose and the next thing I knew we were having a full blown water/soap war. We were both soaking wet and tired when my mom went in and interrupted us.

"What on earth is going on in here??" She looks pretty shocked to find  me soaking wet with a stranger whom I let in the house. "Matty, you can use the guest bathroom to clean up." Or so I thought. She knows Matt? I mean, Matty? She has a nickname for this guy I didn't even know 20 minutes ago??

"Oh thanks Aunt Marge." He said and started walking out the kitchen unaware of me staring wide-eyed at both of them.

"Wait, you know each other?" Why I am the only one not in the secret? 

"Talk later. Go get changed, Kitten." My mom said.

Wow, new town and more confused than ever.