Dark Love

# Kaylee Grant #

I look at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. Dark brown hair‚ brown eyes‚ nothing out of the ordinary‚ really.

I am not one of those pretty girls or neither do I apply make up to look pretty. I am just me‚ I guess.

I wish my life would be better than what it is. Something I tend to say almost everyday of my life.

I sigh and exit the bathroom.

I go to my closet and take out my black ripped jeans and a black T-shirt. Yeah‚ I am not a girly girl. Another bonus to my endless flaws.

I put on my clothes and take my Nike bag and go down‚ to the kitchen.

And I am greeted by the most wonderful sight. Note the  Sarcasm.

My mom and dad are fighting. Again. This is what always happens in our house. Mom and dad are always fighting half the time they're together. They don't even want a divorce‚ cuz they're stubborn like that.

Its been this way since I was born. From the great couple‚ when they were teens‚ they've become the couple whose relationship is going downhill. I know‚ it sucks right? That is why I don't wanna fall for anyone.

Just the thought of loving someone for so long and then falling out of love‚ just like that‚ its just really scary. For me at least.

They are good parents but‚ they just fight more than needed.

“What do you mean‚ I don't work!?" dad says screaming.

“I never said anything like that. You just want a topic to fight over!" mom says screaming too.

Wonderful sight‚ ain't it?

I sigh and take an apple. I put on my black converse and get out of the house.

I start walking to school‚ eating my apple. The school that I go to is not far from my house. Ten minutes walk maybe.

I keep on walking till I reach the school building. I enter the building and head to my lockers.

“Hi‚ Kaylee."

“Hey Kay."

“Whats up‚ Kay."

“Morning Kaylee."

“Lookin good Kaylee."

I highly doubt the last one.

I smile at all of them.

Yeah. I am well known in school. I have a lot of friends in school but I've got only two best friends; Jessica and Paige.

No one knows about my problems at home‚ except Jess and Paige. I tell them. Everything.

In school‚ I am a different person‚ I am nothing like the Kaylee Grant at home. I talk to almost everyone and am always happy. But most of the time‚ me being happy‚ its all just fake. Just for show that my life is perfect and shit like that. When the truth is‚ my life is far from perfect.

But I can't even let it show to anyone else or they're just gonna pity me. And I don't like being pitied. Therefore the show that I am a happy‚ go chocolate and cupcakes kinda girl.

I reach my locker and see my best friends; Jess and Paige.

I smile and walk towards them.

“Hey." I say as I open my locker and take out my books.

“Hey. They fighting again?" Jess asks me.

I nod my head and sigh.

“What happened this time?" Paige asks me.