Meeting.

Vanessa's POV
The swift use of muscles is the key to defeating ones's opponent. I do a few stretches before stepping getting ready to jump in the water.
I look at my competitors.
Girls of different ages, races, and sizes stand in the row with me, getting ready to dive.
I adjust my goggles. "Focus Vanessa".
The whistle goes off, and I jump In the water and kick with all my might, doing my best to surpass the others. For my mother, my father, my sister, my friends. They're all counting on me. I cannot lose.

Yoseob POV
I look out the window. Below me, all I see are clouds.
"Ah, its Los Angeles!" My fellow band member, Kikwang says.
I see the clouds slowly disappear, and I see a clear view of the city that I'm about to land in. Beast has been on a world tour, and we were heading from our Dallas concert to the LA one.
I sigh. My sleep pattern has been all over the place. I'm exhausted.
----
Me and the other five guys step off the plane. Doojoon takes a deep breath! "I love California!" He exclaims. As we hop into the van to get to the Staples center, I feel different. As if something is about to change forever.

Vanessa POV
I hop on my bed and take a deep sigh. Second place. I grab my phone and set an alarm at 5:00 AM to go practice swimming at school. My notifications make a ding noise.
My best friend Melissa messages me:"Hey did you hear?? Beast is here in Los Angeles!!"
I gasp. How did I not know?? I look at the huge beast poster hanging on my wall. Doojoon. Dongwoon. Junhyung. Kikwang. Hyunseung. Yoseob. My favorite band. They all stare back at me, as if beckoning me to come to their concert.
I really want to go.
I text Melissa. "I don't have any money though. I can't".
"Why don't you have any money??"
"I went out with Steven and now I'm broke".
My boyfriend, Steven. A boy going to the school the next city over. A year younger than me. Also a swimmer.
"Smh", Melissa texts. "Beast is your favorite kpop group!!"
I really do love Beast. I guess I'll go to their next concert when I have more money.
----
"You know, you can be more considerate of my feelings!" I scream back.
Steven is standing in front of me outside my house. It's eleven at night.
"I have to go, Vanessa. It calls me."
Steven was selected to go to Tokyo for a year to participate in the Olympics for swimming. He would be gone for a year to train.
"That's too long for me. I can't wait for you."
Steven looked pained. He stood there for a moment, then quietly said," I guess this is goodbye."
He leaves.
I want to call out, I want to bring him back.
I can't.
I hop into my car. I drive away. Anywhere. Anywhere but here.
----
I'm blasting 12:30 by Beast as I cry. It really fits the emotions I'm feeling right now. I drive towards Down town Los Angeles. I have no idea why. Then I remember. The Beast concert! When I reach downtown, I drive into the parking lot of Staples center. Why are there no cars parked?
Oops. The concert has long since finished. Whatever. I don't care. I get out and take a stroll around the arena. It's so big. As I walk around, I notice a figure getting closer and closer to me. Fear washes over me. I back away.
"Get away from me!"
The figure stops.
"Annyeong!"

Yoseob POV
I'm sweaty. And tired. The concert has finally finished. Me and the boys are cooling off backstage in our dressing room.
"I'm going back to our hotel" Hyunseung sighs. He's lying on the couch. "I'm so tired."
"I think I want to take a walk" I hear myself say.
The guys look at me. Yes, walking about downtown Los Angeles at night. But I just feel like doing it.
I walk out of Staples Center.
I see a girl, about high school aged.
What on earth is she doing walking around such a shady area at night?? I approach her!
"Get away!" She screams at me in English.
I need to act friendly so she won't be scared.
"Hello!" I say.