Don't Waste Your Tears - Part 1

Shay is walking with her friends one night when they all heard a scream. The scream was coming from the forwarding forest. Shay's friend Melanie was the adventurous one so she went toward the scene but the other three girls stayed behind. About a minute after Mel had disappeared into the tree's the girls heard another scream. The three girls yelled out to their friend but there was no response. After waiting a couple of seconds one of the girls, Sophie, suggested that they go and find there friend. They all agreed and shuffled into the forest in a bunch. When they got to a clearing they saw Mel. Just standing. Staring. The girls sighed in relief that their friend was okay, but then the girls looked at where Mel was staring and it shocked them so now they were frozen and staring in fear. On the ground was the body of a girl that had been killed by someone or something. She had a deep gash in her flesh that lead from her neck to her shoulder.

Three years later the girls had left 9th grade and were now in 10th grade. The girls want to forget that night but today it's extremely hard to forget because it is the three year anniversary for the the girl's death. The four Friends still have no idea who that girl was and nobody else knows about them being there on the night except for them. They all have a massive secret that no one knows and they just want to forget it and live a normal life but it just won't leave them alone. After the memorial the girls went out to lunch and coffee. they were all talking about the memorial and that night. Sophie said that the night was one of the most horrific nights of her life. "I'll say"said Mel "I was the one who went in alone." "true but we were so worried about you." said Shay as she got up out of her seat. The rest of the girls got up, payed and left the cafe with Shay in front. As the girls walked to the park they heard a growl coming from a bush. "Did you hear that." Said Ebony as she stepped backwards onto the footpath. All of the girls nodded their heads and stepped back to where Ebony was. they looked around and saw people just casually going about their day. "How did no one else hear that." Said Mel, soon Sophie replied with "I know it was so loud." Shay and Ebony stepped toward the bush, again and again. they heard nothing. at that moment the girls were turning around to leave as if is was nothing, but they heard a shriek followed by a thud.

Ebony and Shay jumped back. "Are you okay." screamed the girls. "Yeah we're fine" said Shay with a following deep breath. Mel jumped toward the noise and inspected the bush. She parted the leaves to find a rat type creature. "Ewwww, what is that!" Screamed all of the girls in disgust (except for Mel who was just standing there giggling at the other girls reaction). "I don't know" said Mel "but whatever it is I think it's dead now." The girls examined the body a little more. "Oh look it has a note in it's mouth." said Shay. they picked it up. It read; People die, it's natural. But don't waste your tears. "Oh my goodness that's so creepy, but why us?" Questioned Shay. "It's just luck." said Mel in a very serious tone. "I don't feel very lucky" said Ebony...............

To be continued