Chapter 1:

"Bye mom, I'm off to school!" Announced Emily.
"Is the bus here already?" Asked her mother.
"Yes. Bye!"
"Bye sweetheart!"

The young girl entered the big yellow bus. She looked in, and saw a bunch of kids looking at her shyly. They were all different, from thin to fat, from short to tall. But different is cool, and Emily wanted to be their friend.

Emily approached a girl, younger than her. She had short brown hair, green eyes, and a small pixie nose.
"Hey, is this seat taken?"
The girl just stared at Emily, and opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. So she shook her head, and moved her bag to make space.
"Hi, I'm Emily." She said, once she strapped her seatbelt on.
"I-I'm Sarah." She answered.
"So...how old are you?"
"Err...I'm 10. You?" She said.
"12. But we can still be friends, no?" Asked Emily.
"Oh, ummm...sure, I guess." Smiled Sarah.

The ride to school took around ten minutes, which seemed like only two minute for Emily, because she was distracted by her new friend.

Once the two girls entered the school, their mouths just dropped open.
Everything was so different here. You can see big spacious lockers, and smooth shiny halls.

There were many clubs at this school too! The cheerleader's club, and the soccer team. The chess club, and the photography club...

Emily and Sarah were sure to be lost at this school. It was huge!
"So, what's your first class?" Asked Emily.
Sarah checked her schedule and answered
"Maths, you?"
"Err....English." She said "I guess I'll see you between classes?"
"Okay!"
And the two girls headed to their classes.

***