1

He lay on his mother's lap, watchong the veractyl they owned shift the dirt along their home. He was small in frame. But muscled as a small boy could be from the farm work. His eyes shone a bright sea blue like his mother and his auburn hair matched hers. His father, however, a dark haired man. Large in stature but his voice was calm and patient. He didn't need to be harsh. Not with a child as his.
      His mother strokes his hair happily and sighs in content.
    "Oh! Mother I bought you a present at the market earlier!"
    "Wh-..Obi-Wan that was supposed to buy you a birthday gift.."
    "It's okay mother..you deserve it more than me." The boy smiled brightly and ran inside and grabbed a box from his father and ran back out, spooking the veractyl? "Sorry Boga!! Here mother..I hope you like it.."
    Opening the box, inside was a yellow dress with red embroidery. On top sat a necklace made of crystal.
   "O..oh my gosh..it's..It's beautiful..goodness how much did you spend honey?"
    "Erm..I paid for the dress, but...I made the necklace.." He smiles at the ground as she pulls him into a hug, kissing all over his face.
    "They're so lovely, darling!! Thank you!!"
    If his mother was happy, he was. And vice versa. He was a good child. Loyal and soft spoken. No friends to his name-well except Boga.
     After a dreamless night, he awoke at dawn as always to help his mother with breakfast while his father hurried to work outside.
     "Any dreams tonight darling? I love to here your wonderful tales." His visions. He didnt understand them, nor why there was so much pain sometimes, then immense happiness.
   "No.." He frowned. "Nothing but black last night."
    "Well maybe tonight. You did work hard yesterday. To have dreams, you have to be in complete content."
    "And nightmares?"
    "Brought by NightMare herself, you are going through extreme circumstances." She smiled and stroked his hair once more. "But you are too good for such things-" They all paused when a ship landed directly across their back pasture.
    "Obi-Wan...go upstairs. To your room. NOW." He never saw his mother this way. Never. It striked fear in him as he quickly did as he was told. After a mere 20 minutes he heard his father struggling and his mother crying out.
    "Please! I don't have a child!! Please leave!!" He heard his mother scream and that broke him. He ran down the stairs to his mother lying on the floor with a cut to the face.
     "Mother!!" Running to her she tried to stop him, but Obi-Wan was snatched by the strangers and pulled out of the house. He screamed and fought as hard as possible but to no avail. Three were holding him at once, there was no way. He could hear his mother screaming for him and his father shooting rounds at the ship he was taken to.
     He was shaking as they shoved him in a room and locked it. On the other side he heard, "You are a late Jedi. You have to serve your republic even if not with a saber. Keep quiet. You're too dark anyway." He banged on the solid door until the force of taking off knocked him back. What did they mean dark? He decided he didn't care and looked from the window of the room he was in and watched his planet start to fade. He didn't hold back the tears as they entered the cold space. He felt sick from the temperature change and threw up in a waste can left in the room. He shook in a corner and held himself, wanting nothing more than his mom to hug him again, or his dad to speak to him. His heart felt heavy and he could feel an angry rise up inside him, but he maintained. How, he didn't know. He knew one thing though, he hated flying. And hated the mines they would throw him in.