Chapter 1

Darby's POV

I open my eyes to the morning sunlight shining through my window. I sit up slowly trying to adjust to the light.

Then I suddenly remember that today is the day I move into my new apartment!

I get out of my bed and kinda shiver as my feet touch the floor.

I walk over to my closet and pick out my outfit for the long day ahead of me.

After I picked out my outfit for the day which consisted of my Adidas sweatpants and a white crop top. I went to the bathroom and applied some makeup which was just some moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, highlight, blush, nude lipstick, and my eyebrows😂.

I then throw my hair up into a messy bun and brush my teeth.

After I finish my morning routine I go downstairs and see my family all in the kitchen. I slowly walk into the kitchen and see my mom fixing me a 'Going away breakfast'.

I slightly cough and see them all turn around to look at me.

"Good morning Darby! I made you your favorite breakfast!" My mom says with a stack of homemade waffles in her hand.

"Thanks mom!" I smile lightly with tears starting to brim in my eyes.

"Come on Darby! Don't be a pussy about this! You're my sister! You know THE Darby Lynnn! The one who can take down two Big Macs in five minutes!"

I giggle at my brother Aaron's remark. I then take a seat at the table and begin to eat my waffles.

After a hefty breakfast my dad takes me to the airport.

"Now Darbs I put money in your banking account so when you get there buy yourself a decent car to get you back and forth to college, and get yourself some cloths. Okay?"

I smile at my dad and shake my head yes.

After a 10 minute drive we finally arrive at the airport. My dad took my bags to a bench and we sat down there until my plane number is called.

"Dad? What if my roommate doesn't like me? Or better yet what if they're a crazy cereal killer?!"

"Darby. Why are you spazzing so much? You're worse than your mother! Listen I'm sure your roommate will love you! And if they're a crazy cereal killer then use the car you bought to get away." He says with slight amusement in his voice.

I giggle and lay my head on his shoulder falling into a deep sleep.

"Flight 757 to Los Angeles"

I feel my dad slightly shake me I look up to him and smile.

"Time to go." He says to me with a small frown

I stand up and gather my things giving my dad one last hug before I leave.

I give my ticket to the woman at the entrance and wave goodbye to my dad one last time.

*********************

I found my seat on the plane and sighed of relief knowing that I won't have to move it for the next four hours.

To pass time I put my earbuds in and turn on Do Re mi by Blackbear and fall into a deep sleep.

"Flight 757 to Los Angeles is now landing."

I flutter my eyes open and smile to myself knowing I slept through the four hours of torture.

I get off the plane and go into Starbucks to get a Vanilla bean frappe.

I exit the airport and call an uber. I give him the address to my new apartment.