Hazel Eyes

"It was like any other day. I woke up. Showered. Got dressed. Did my hair and makeup. Then walked to work. At work it was normal too. I took people's orders, brought their food, then bussed the tables. And then the day was over. I locked up, and put on my coat, tying it as I walked down the sidewalk. I always loved walking at night. The streets were barley lit up. It was quiet. Nobody was around. But after that night. It changed everything." 

The room stayed silent as I spoke, and looked around at the people listening to my story. Strangers. They were watching me so closely. Like if they even blinked they'd miss something.

"I decided to take the long way home. To get more fresh air. And if that wasn't the worst mistake I ever made." As I moved my hand to wipe my eyes, the handcuffs clanked together. "I walked down an alley, and you'd think that's where it happened. But it was a few blocked after, a group of men stood together. Laughing. When I first saw him, he looked like a dream. Dark hair, a piece, curling around his deep hazel eyes. A little dimple, when he laughed. He turned to me, and smiled, his plump lips curling up perfectly to show his straight white teeth. My stomach dropped because I didn't think I'd ever meet someone so amazing. He walked over and struck up a conversation. He asked what I was doing out so late, and told me it wasn't safe for a woman to be walking alone. Someone could hurt me he said."

I scoffed, and shut my eyes, staring at blackness now, instead of the orange clothing I constantly wore now. "He offered to walk me home. And I agreed. When we got there, he asked to come inside. And I told him no. It was too late, I didn't know him, and I was tired. He asked me again, and I gave him the same answer. After he asked maybe three times. He nodded and left, giving me the same warm smile."

I opened my eyes again to look at the strangers staring at me again. Seeing myself in some of them now. "I went inside, and took my clothes off, changing into a nightgown. I put my hair up, and brushed my teeth. I walked out to the kitchen to grab a water." My eyes flickered back down to my lap. "And there he was. Standing in my kitchen." My eyes watered up and I shut them quickly. "I knew what was happening, but I still stupidly asked him what he was doing. He laughed and he bit his lip. Something that minutes ago was a cute action, now made me want to throw up." I licked my dry lips, and paused.

"He drug me into my own bedroom, and started kissing me. I was telling him to stop, and started hitting him after he wouldn't. He shoved his hand into my underwear and started touching me, his breath on my neck. And I was crying, telling him to stop. He didn't stop. He kept going. He kept going, and when he was finished he laid down beside me. I was still bawling, louder than I knew was possible. He looked over at me and smiled. Looking at me like we had just made love, like I was grinning. But I was crying so loudly and so hard that I couldn't breath. The look he was giving me only making it worse. I jumped up, and I ran to the kitchen. Pain searing down my legs. I could feel his steps behind me, and I reached out, grabbing onto the knifes. They all tipped over and I grabbed he first one I could.

He grabbed me and tried to tear it out of my hands. But I moved my arm back, and shoved it into his arm as hard as I could. Then I yanked it out. And I kept going. I was still crying. Worse now than before. The tears where blurring my vision and I couldn't see what I was stabbing. I could just hear him crying out each time. I don't even remember the whole thing to tell you the truth. He hit me, but I just kept stabbing him... once it was all finished, I threw the knife across the room, and I hurried into the nearest corner. Staring at him, I stared at him for hours. It felt like a dream. Because it couldn't have been real. But it was. I called the cops. Because I didn't know what else to do.

When they got there. They arrested me. I told them that he broke into my house, and raped me. But they didn't care. They told me I'm a killer. And that's what matters. He was so beautiful when I first saw him. But now he looks like the devil. He ruined every part of me. Took every inch of my innocence. I still see his deep hazel eyes, everywhere. In my sleep. In people I pass. In my mind. And I feel it all over again. The pain, the fear, the sickness, the rage, he adrenaline. I hate him. But I hate me, because I turned into a monster just as big."