Cats of Land and Sea

• Dedicated to Mrs. Fox, my english teacher thank you

         Once long ago, there was a remote island called Kats Island. There lived a kingdom of people. Cat people...

         Princess Katsey jumped out of her window and landed gently on the branches of a tree. The wind howled softly though the trees, blowing briskly in her face, like a an invisible force trying to push her of the branch. She continued jumping til she was on the ground. The sun was going down, becoming the set of the sun. A beautiful sight.

         “I better hurry before my mother's guards attempt to catch me,” she said to her self. Princess Katsey ran as fast as she could trying to keep steady over the uneven ground. When she finally arrived at her destination, it was a wall of vines... or thought to anyone who didn't look vine curtain. She peeked over her shoulder to make sure that there wasn't anybody following her. Good. No one. She thought to herself. Katsey slipped through the vines and went to her own little part of the island... more like her very own slice of paradise.

         Her favorite part was a small ledge. She walked over to it and sat down, dangling her feet in the water. “Dang, I wish I could learn to swim,” she sigh and started to kick the water gently. Katsey heard some bubbling, so she looked up. Nothing. She shrugged. The bubbling had stopped, but something was making ripples in the water. Katsey didn't seem to notice until she was off the ledge and pulled downward, deep into the ocean. She trying to scream but nothing but bubbles and water flowed into her mouth. Katsey was thrown down with so much force, she crashed a giant bubble. She hit something hard it felt like a floor of marble, what was marble doing at the bottom of the ocean. Then everything went black. Later Katsey woke up in what looked like a nurses office.

         “Wha-what happened?”

         “A few students found you lying there but they said you were barely breathing. Oh and I am nurse Jane. May I ask who you are?”

         “I'm Katsey. Princess of the Land Kingdom,”

         Someone starts knocking on the door. A cute, blonde girl, with big, curly pigtails, popped her head in. “Is she alright, now?” she asked.

         “Yes. Katsey is doing much better,” Nurse Jane replied.

         “Wait. Did you just say, Katsey?” the girl asked.

         “Yes, that is my name. Why do you ask?” Katsey was curious, how did that girl know her name?

         “Because of the legend of the land princess! The one who is way more flexable than  a rubberband! My name Beckaa. Two A’s at the end.” Beckaa seemed to quite relieved that Katsey was OK. “C'mon! I'll show ya round.” “OK?” She pulled Katsey out the door and spent the next hour looking around. “Well I got to go. See you around. Sometime, we should hang out, OK?”                  “Yeah. Sure. Wait, you know what a rubberbamd is? You live under the water?!”

         Katsey sat down on a bench and sighed. “Hmm? What's this” she turned around and read a poster.

Gymnastics!!!

Join us as we take you into the world

of gymnastics!!! Try outs are on Monday, in

the gymnasium!!!

~ The Gymnastics Club

         “Wait. Today's Monday! I better hurry!” she ran to the gym. But that turned out to be the library. “Excuse me, but where is the gymnasium?” Katsey asked.