Lance

"Mom! Mom!"

A tall, slim figure sprinted into the kitchen of the small beach house. Necklace clutched in the figures hand. The short brunette turned to her daughter. Noticing her dirty blonde hair hadn't even been brushed that morning. She noticed the concern in her daughter's ocean blue eyes.

"Kai, sweetie, what's wrong?" she asked walking towards the young girl

"It's Lance" Kai responded opening her hand and showing her mother the shark tooth necklace, "he left his gun, and I found this is the water"

"Does your father know?" she said trying to calm her daughter

"No" Kai replied looking through the window at her father working on his motorbike out front

"Go tell him"

The young blonde ran to her father. His matching shoulder length blonde locks blew in the wind as he looked up at her. The same ocean blue eyes staring back at her.

"Kai is everything okay?" he announced standing from his crouched position

"Lance left this morning without his gun" his daughter explained quickly, "I found his necklace in the water"

He stared at her like he had seen a ghost. He walked briskly past her and into the house. She followed behind him.

"Evangeline please get my gun" he said quietly as his wife approached him

"You don't think he just went adventuring Alexander?" she whispered back to him as she took a glance at Kai

"This is Lance he would've taken his gun"

Kai watched as her father walked into his and her mother's room. He returned with a trident. It came to Kai's shoulder. Golden in color. Five prongs. Their last name engraved on the side. Queen. Her father stopped in front of her and held out the trident horizontally with both hands.

"Kai it's time for me to pass down my greatest gift to you" he told her with a small smile

"Why?" Kai asked looking up at him with a confused expression

"Take the trident Kai" he said looking down at her

She slowly lifted her hand to the trident's handle. She took the weapon from her father's rough hands. As soon as she brought the trident's prongs to the floor he engulfed his oldest triplet in a hug. Kai began to realize why he was giving her the weapon. He didn't expect to be back. Tears welled into her eyes, but she choked back screaming at him not to go. He had to go. He had to know what happened to her older brother. She felt his lips against her temple then lowered them to her ear.

"Keep them safe Kai. I'm counting on you to keep them safe. Tell your sisters I love them. I love you Kai Coventina Queen."

"Kai! Kai wake up! Kai!"

Her eyes shot open to see her sister kneeling beside her. She rose into a sitting position and looked around wildly.

"You were having a nightmare again Kai" her other sister announced from across the fire, "I wanted to let you sleep, but Oceana couldn't keep listening to you whimpering"

"No, no Nami it's okay" Kai replied rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes

The Queen Triplets. Kai, Oceana, and Nami. Kai the oldest by twenty one minutes. Oceana, a red head with fair skin, the middle sister by thirteen minutes. Nami, a dark brunette with darkly tanned skin, the youngest. All sharing the same trait with their father. Ocean blue eyes. Oceana was the kindest. She hated this whole apocalypse thing. Violence wasn't exactly her go to, but she had to admit she was fairly good at it. She was the wise one. Kept her temper sensitive sisters from killing each other. Her weapon of choice was a bow and quiver of arrows given to her by her mother. Nami was probably the exactly opposite of her sister. She was the toughest. She could out muscle any man she had met. Her temper was terrible, and most of the time Oceana was the only thing keeping her from ripping Kai's head off. Fighting and destruction was what she's good at. Her weapon of choice was a harpoon her father kept in the shed. The names of her brother, mother, and father engraved on the handle. Reminding her of what she was fighting for. Her family.

"I'm sorry Oceana" Kai whispered staring off into the fire

"No it's okay" Oceana replied quickly grabbing her shoulders, "I just hate to see you scared"

Kai nodded at her younger sister. She pulled herself out of the very light sleeping bag and put it away. Oceana handed her her boots as Nami stomped out the fire. Oceana began putting everything in their three backpacks. As Kai began lacing her last boot Oceana sat beside her. All the bags had been packed and she held Kai's trident in her hand.

"Was it dad again?" she asked softly where Nami couldn't hear

"Yeah it was I'm sorry you had to see me like that" Kai replied finishing her boot and taking the weapon from Oceana

"I bet he's proud of us you know" Oceana chirped as they began walking with their other sister, "I mean who would've known we'd come all this way on our own"

"He probably would've" Kai smiled using her trident as a walking stick

"Don't have such blind faith for the man Kai" Nami muttered looking away from her two sisters

"Don't have such blind faith I won't hear you Nami" Kai replied loudly

"Shut your mouth I bet biters in China could hear you" Nami snapped turning back to them quickly

"The sad part is they would be better company than you" Kai joked 

Oceana giggled at Kai's comment. Kai looked at Nami with a smile expecting to see the same, but Nami looked forward with a serious, almost mad, face. Kai sighed and shook her head facing forward again.