Not So New Anymore

"I can't believe tomorrow we're going to San Francisco!" I say with excitement.

"I know, trust me it'll be a blast." Shawn says laying down.

We went to the park to have a picnic under the stars. It was Shawn's idea. It was 9:30 so we decided to start looking for stars.

"Lay down with me!" Shawn says, trying to pull me down next to him.

"Fine." I sigh.

I lay down next to Shawn on the blanket. Except I don't lay right next to him. I sit horizontally , using his stomach as a pillow. It was about five minutes until my gasp broke the silence.

"SHAWN, LOOK A SHOOTING STAR!" I shout. "MAKE A WISH!"

I close my eyes and actually make a wish.

"What'd you wish for?" I ask eagerly.

"Nothing, I have everything I need here with me today."

I blush thinking he was talking about me.

"Awe Shawn, I feel the same."

"I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the food." He says laughing.

My jaw drops. I throw grass at him and run away playfully.

"Oh I'm gonna get you back!" He shouts.

I quickly run over to the medium sized fountain, trying to out run him. He grabs my hand and tries to push me in. I noticed I was close to falling in so I faked being in pain.

"SHAWN STOP OMG OW!" I cried.

"Elizabeth are you okay?"

"I will be." I say pushing him in.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" He screamed.

I didn't think he would be this mad so I decided to help him.

"Oh, I'm sorry here let me help you."

I pulled my arm out so that he could reach it. He ended up pulling me inside with him.

"SHAWN!" I scream happily.

We actually swam in the fountain until a cop saw us. We ran for his car, we even forgot the picnic basket. The cop didn't really try chasing us, he just yelled at us a lot.

"That was a close one." I said, water dripping everywhere in his car.

"You're crazy you know that? But you're a good kind of crazy." He says, kissing my hand.

When we got home it was 10:45. I gave him a kiss good-bye and walked home still a little wet. When I walked in, my dad was waiting for me.

"Where have you been? You know your curfew is at 10 o'clock." My dad says sternly.

"Relax, there was traffic on the way home. We left the park at 9:40." I said.

My words didn't even seem to reach his ear.

"Are you wet?" He asks.

I stutter thinking of an excuse.

"Yeah... I spilled juice on myself. Gotta go clean up though, so see you tomorrow. "

I walk up the stairs listening to my dad sigh. Things just haven't been so great between us at the moment.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up the next morning at 6:30 A.M. Shawn and I decided to take an airplane to San Francisco. A six hour drive would be too much in my opinion. I decided to wear white ripped jeans, a loose black top, and my all black high-top converse.

I kissed my family good-bye since Shawn's parents would be taking us to the airport. My dad handed me $500.

"Dad it's for a week, I'll be fine." I say giving him $350 back.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you, especially since I'll be so far away."

I pull him in for a hug.

"I'll be fine daddy." I say smiling.

I walk over to Shawn's house where he was waiting for me in his front door steps. I sit down next to him and kiss him on the cheek.

"My mom should be ready to drive us in 5 minutes."

I nod my head. I pull out my phone and decided to take a selfie with Shawn for Instagram. We took a bunch. But I decided to put one up where we're both smiling.

@ElizabethRivers: San Fran bound soon with babe. Xox E. :)

We eventually started driving for the airport. It was only about 20 minutes away, since there wasn't much traffic.
When we finally got there his mom helped us unload our suitcases.

"Have fun you two!" She says, as she drove away.

Before we even got inside the airport, Shawn was immediately noticed by two girls.

"Well Shawn, looks like you're not so new anymore. " I say thinking of the time when he was first introduced to us by our principal.

Tell me what you think! 🌸