~CHAPTER 1~

I am Zuri Jameson. The most popular girl in the school. You get so many advantages as the most popular, sometimes, too many. The complete Popular Girl Package includes: your clique, all the cute boys gawking at you every time you enter the room or walk past them, excused from homework, no drama because those chicks fear you, and finally, the best part, the sexiest boy in school is all yours!

                    Today is a special day, or so I was promised. The biggest game of the football season is finally here, and my boyfriend, Jordan Lewis, promised me they're sure to win! That might be a victory for the team, but as for me, Jordan says he has a surprise for me I'd never forget. I can't wait.

                    Jordan is a tall, light skinned hunk. His curly brown hair and green eyes fully represent the fact that he's mixed. That means I get the best of both worlds, right? Every time I see him I can't help but notice that smirk that relaxes my muscles and draws my lips closer to his.

                     There he is walking up to me. He notices me and there goes that smirk! "Z!" he yells down the hall. I roll my eyes chuckling. I speed walk down the hallway. My velvet red heels click with every step.

                    I pass down the hallway, and as expected, the boys gawking, and the girls whispering in envy! Ah, this Premium Popular Girl Package is really working for me!

                   "Hi, Jordan. I see you used the birthday presents I got you!" I smelled the Blue Ralph Lauren cologne on him, and I noticed the Curl Enhancing Smoothie cream from Cantu I got for his luscious curls. "Oh yeah. Got to make 'em pop, Zuri!" he said childishly, picking me and kissing my lips.

                   When we released each other, I chuckled, covering my mouth as he put me down. "What is it, babe?"

                    I pointed to my lips.

"Oh, you want some more?" he said bending down to me.

"No, no, Jordan! I got my lipstick on you!"

"So?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Well, aren't you going to wipe it off?"

"Of course not. If I wipe off the lipstick, I'm wiping away my good luck. Plus, it symbolizes my charm has marked her territory."

"I love it when you say cute, cheesy things to me, Jay!" I said shyly.

"I love you." He said putting me down.

"I love you more!" I said as the bell rang.

We both walked away. I chuckled, thinking to myself how funny it was that I was still so much shorter than him even when I was wearing four inch heels.

                    I marched down the hall to room 305: English.

                    I walked into the room and in an instant, the boys began to drool.

"Good morning Mrs. Lewis!" I said sitting down at my desk.

                     She smiled, her teeth whiter than tissue, her lipstick red like blood. "I am going to disregard that fact that you were three minutes late to my class, and politely say good morning!"

                    I couldn't help being late to my favorite teacher's class. When I see Jordan, I forget about everything, including the time. Besides, she couldn't be that mad. After all, it was her son that made me a little late.

                    Mrs. Lewis went on and on about how we need to learn the differences between to, two, and too, and other commonly misused words, like your and you're.

                   My phone chimed. Mrs. Lewis stopped talking. "That must be Jordan. You're excused Ms. Jameson! But, hurry back quick." She said politely.

"Thank you so much! I hope it is him! So sorry though." I pleaded.

"No problem, Zuri!" she said.

                    I walked outside of the classroom and into the hall. I looked at my phone and it was not Jordan, it was my dad. The text read, "When you get home, you have to take your sister to the flea market to get a fidget spinner!"

                    I rolled my eyes and responded, "Oh my gosh! Are you serious? I don't have any gas money to ride all the way out there. Plus, I have to get ready for the big game tonight!" And send.

                    He instantly read it. "We'll talk about this when you get home. But as of right now, you're taking Alexis to the flea market!"

                    I rolled my eyes at the text, put my phone away and walked into class.

                      The bell rang when I got to my seat. "You're all dismissed! Don't forget to read over chapters ten through twelve tonight. Cheerleaders and football players, you're exempt." Mrs. Lewis said.

As I was walking away from my desk, Mrs. Lewis said, "Zuri, you wait right here for a second."

"Okay, just don't have me late to lunch, please!" I begged.

"Zuri, you're going to be eating lunch with me, today!" she said in a matter-of-fact voice.

I raised my eyebrows. "What? Why, Mrs. Lewis?"

                     Jordan walked into the room. He spotted me and that smirk appeared again. His green eyes glistened under the ceiling lights.

"Hey, mama!" he said, kissing her on the cheek. He said, "Hey, Z! What's up? Why're you still here?"

                     What's up? I thought to myself. Usually he'd pick me up and we'd lock lips. But what's up? I tilted m head sideways and smiled with my lips. "I am still here because apparently, I will be eating lunch with your mother. Why aren't you at lunch?" I asked confused. Obviously, we were both confused as to why we were present.

"Well, on game days, I always have lunch with my mama." He said. A butt cheek formed in between his eyebrows.

"I wanted to try something a little different. Because it seems like you finally found the right girl for you, and not that hood rat you broke up with last month, then I wanted to invite her to our luncheon!" Mrs. Lewis said smiling.

Last month? Jordan and I have been dating for five months now. What in the world? Was he lying to me this whole time, better yet, cheating on me?

"Ma!" Jordan shouted.

"Uh, I think I'd rather eat with my friends. Thanks for the offer." I said. I began to tear up as stared at Jordan for five seconds. Silent tears turned into soft sobs as I left the room.

                    I ran to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and mascara was running down my caramel skin. I grabbed some tissue and began to clean myself up.

                    I kept saying to myself, "You don't need him." A part of me thinks I'm over reacting, while another part of my thinks this is the most appropriate way to deal with it.

                     I took a deep breath and began to call my mother. "Ma? I can't do this. I'm coming home."