Chapter 1

Eddie sat in a chair looking out his window his hands folded in his lap, watching people leave for school. You might ask why he's not anxiously getting ready for school. That's because he doesn't go to school. He doesn't go anywhere. He hasn't left his house in fourteen years. He had a very rare disease called SCID it pretty much meant that his body couldn't fight off any infection. Good thing it was caught early because it hadn't he could've died. His house was weird, the front door had an airlock and sanitation room. It was good to have a doctor as a mom when you have a weird disease. The only people allowed in the house was his mom, his nurse, and her daughter Beverly Marsh. She was his best friend. Nothing interesting ever happened to him, it was pretty much all the same. He made a lot of models in his spare time. He made a roller coaster and a faris wheel.

Eddie sometimes wished he wasn't cursed with this disease so he could go out and be normal. Be a kid like every fourteen year old boy should do. Instead he was in his bedroom taking online courses and talking in a support group. He didn't really like the support group but his mom made him. He heard the front door open, known that it was probably Mrs. Marsh here to check up on him. He like Mrs. Marsh a lot she always brought him something new to read, if that was ever possible. She was also very nice to him and she didn't have to be nice.

Eddie kicked back in his chair and headed downstairs to greet her. She placed food on the counter and then turned to him. "Hey Eds! How are you doing kiddo?" She asked with a big smile.

"Same as usual Marsh." He said and smiled back at her. She nodded and proceeded to do her check list. She check everything about him. She has to make sure that nothing was wrong with him or his mom would come home and get mad and lecture her about how he could've died. It's happened before and you don't want that to happen. After everything was check Eddie headed upstairs to watch outside the window again.

Eddie noticed that there was a moving truck in the driveway next door. He had never had a neighbor before, ever. He watch as the dad was unpacking all the bags and bringing them inside. The mom he presumed was inside unpacking the bags. That's when he noticed a boy jump off the end of the moving van. He was around his age. Beautiful. That's when the boy looked straight at him. He just looked for awhile and then smiled and waved. It made everything inside of Eddie flip inside out. It was odd for him. So Eddie did was he thought was polite. Eddie smiled and waved back. Then the boy got on his bike and rode up the street and Eddie watched him go. He wished he knew how to ride a bike, it seemed like it was be a whole lot of fun. He could only wish that in his next life, he wouldn't have this disease and he could do whatever he wanted.