*1*

"I'm nervous" I say to my best friend, letting of a sigh I didn't know I was holding back.

My mom is getting married and we are moving to Los Angeles with Greg, her fiance, and I was in a need of moral support. Of course my best friend Megan was the first person I've thinked of, she is a walking encyclopedia of jokes, I really needed to have a laugh.

"You'll be fine" she says for the fifth time today.

"I know, but I don't I'll fit in" I say getting up from the bed, pacing on the floor.

"Are you serious," she chuckles on the other side of the line "...well I'm gonna get going, and you get everthing to do and pack, just give me a call when you're ready, so we can talk a little bit more, ok?" Megan says with a reassuring tone. 

"Yeah, just go do your thing, and I'll be here, packing." I say as I hung up the phone, staring at my reflection on the blank screen. I don't really wanna do this.

...........

Once I put down the box of jewerly on the bag, I lift my head, and look around the room. The only things in here are four white walls, boxes full of my stuff and a lifetime of memories from childhood. I'm gonna miss it here, the cold winters without snow, the tropical rain in the summer my crazy neighbours always with their music blasting from the speakers, waking up the old lady next to them, who was taking a nap. It was fun while it lasted, but now that it's over I feel scared of what it is to come, I hope this is the first chapter to a better life.

I close the window, looking at the pitch black sky, full of stars. With a imaginary mind and a pocket full of chances,I can face the world that's waiting for me. With my hand over the light switch, turning the white room dark, with only trhe reflection of the street lamps iluminating the space. As I stare blankly at the horizon, I feel my phone vibrate at the back pocket of my ripped jeans, waking me up from the trance that have got me deep in thoughts. Liftting it up, revealing the locked screen that read 5:46 A.M, making my eyes flinch due to the bright being on maximum. 

I type a message for Megan that's probably sleeping, letting her now that I'm about to leave. After I send her the text, I close the bedroom door, stepping down the stairs to put my bags on the car. Megan's mom is already here beacuse she is dropping us of at the airport. She is me mom's best friend since high school. I still rebember how I met Megan.

*Flashback*

"Sky, this is Megan say hi" My mom encourages with a smile, giving me a path on the shoulder and pushing me further, standing in front of this girl and mom's friend. Distrusting I stick my hand waiting for her to shake it, but instead she looks at me with her big eyes like she is seeing a three headed dog in front of her. Slowly, she raises her hand and waves at me letting go a small 'hello'.  

With a weird face, I step back and whisper to my mom :                                                                                       "Mommy is she ok, she looks funny"

"Don't worry honey she is just shy" mom says with a sweet smile.

"Do you wanna play with my dolls" 

"Sure, let's go" she says with a smile running after me.

*Flashback off*

"Good morning Mr.s Simpson" I yawn giving a hug to Megan's mom.

"Good morning to you to sweetie, if you are wondering Megan is sleeping in my car she is was tired but she wanted to come anyways." Mrs. Simpson says passing by me probably helping out my mom.                                                                                                                                                                                   Looking over the other side of the street, I see Megan sleeping with her head leaning in the window of the passenger seat and a great ideia passes through my mind. Slowly I silently walk in her direction with a mischievous grin on my face. When I get near, I knock on the glass, disturbing her sleep. She quickly sits down straight with horrified eyes, the moment she sees me, turning into angry with smoke getting out of nose. Just kinding. Or am I ?

After she cools down a bit she opens the door and steps out.

"It's surprising that I'm going to miss you doing this things." Megan says opening her arms wide opens, pulling me in a hug.

"Megan? Are you sleeping?" I ask my bestfriend that's been holding onto me for to long, I poke her in the sides hoping she is awake.

"Mhm, no" Shye says pulling me even tighter than before muffling someting under her breath.

"LOOK, BATMAN IS OVER THERE" I yell, letting go of her and start running, minutes later she is by my side at the front door of my house.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me" she says sitting on the floor out of breath.

Ever since she was little she was afraid of batman, so everytime I want to scare her I just have to do that, and it is entertainment to watch, because she is increasingly scared.

We hear the door lock and, my mom and Megan's mom calls us. I guess this is it.

"I'm going to miss you" Megan says with tears in her eyes giving me a tight hug.

"I'll visit and I promise you I'll never forget you" I say breaking into sobs.

"I don't want to let go, but we've got to" I say, hardly letting go of her, and walking towards the car. I get in the backseat of the car, putting my headphones over my ears, waving goodbye to Megan until I can't see her as the car drives off. I hit shuffle on a playlist on spotify and close my eyes.

..................