❦ Chapter 27 - Father & Daughter

*Melody*

It took an extra two more days until I was finally released from the hospital.

Due to discovering that my immune system is very weak, the doctor wanted to make sure I was 100% alright for me to be back on my feet.

I had changed into clothes Alice bought me as my father signed me out, and me and Alice got my things ready.

"As nice as the staff is here, I'm glad we're leaving this hospital," I said as I closed my bag.

"Yeah, it can get very gloomy here," Alice said. "But, I'm glad you're feeling a lot better."

"Thank you," I smiled as then Uncle CC stomped in and face planted into the bed, groaning into the pillow

"What's wrong?" I asked, lifting up one of the locks of his hair to see his face a little better.

"Andy and Juliet again," he said.

Alice sighed. "Those two always argue, now on the day of Melody's release from the hospital they have to go at it again?"

"Is it always like this?" I asked curiously.

"Usually," Alice sighed. "Juliet, she ummm... let's just say she prefers doing certain things in her way more than others."

"Oh," I nodded.

"That's just putting it nicely," Uncle CC said.

"I'm sure there's still something nice about her somewhere," I shrugged. "Maybe her behavior has reasons. Some of the girls in the orphanage I was in were always bossy and rude to others because they felt rejected or lonely."

"You're right, love," Alice smiled as she held my hands. "Maybe she does have reasons."

I smiled back at her. "May I go see if my father is done, please?"

"Of course, love. I'll finish off here," Alice said as she stood up.

"Oh, Mini Jinxx, by the way, Jake bought you some food to eat on the way," Uncle CC said.

"Alright. Thank you, Uncle CC," I smiled before hurrying out.

*Jinxx*

"And right here," the nurse said, pointing at me on the papers where to sign.

I continued to sign when I suddenly felt someone holding my arm and turned to be met with a pair of familiar blue eyes.

"Hey there," I greeted as she looked up at me with a smile. "Finished packing?"

"Almost done," she smiled up at me.

"Awesome," I smiled as I finished and then the nurse handed me a white paper bag.

"These are the special Epinephrine pens Melody would need in case this were to ever happen again, however if she is bitten by a spider identified as poisonous, you have to get her to a hospital as soon as possible," the nurse said. "Be sure to follow the instructions."

"Thank you so much," I smiled as I took the bag.

"And thank you very much for taking care of me while I was here," Melody said.

"You're very welcome, honey. You all take care now, you hear?" the nurse smiled kindly.

"You too. Thanks so much again," Father said s we waved goodbye and went to get my things.

Once we got everything, we walked to teh waiting room where we saw that the others waited, but Andy and Juliet were bickering.... Again.

"Look we are here because Jinxx asked us, alright?" Andy asked.