Part I: Of Where the Sky and Moon Resides

(prologue)

The skies were filled with ash-gray clouds. I figured it would rain tonight as I made myself busy and concentrate with my computer. Helplessly I started to think that I can't do anything to fix the damn thing. Weird, but the weather seems to be a very good mood detector.

Sigh.

I couldn't think of any alternatives that will fix my problem. Raindrops started to tap on the roof as I decided to gather myself up to my room and get a harmonious rest. I stretched up and jumped on my bed. Oh, that comfort. I always loved that my whole life.

Closing my eyes, I tried to recall anything right after I was discovered on that bush.

My foster parents said that they saw me on a bush, lying wounded and immobile four years ago. They tried to call for the police but no family would claim me. It was weird. I cannot remember anything from where I was, nor who I was at that time. In fact they named me, and they treated me like I was their own. But a year after I was found, they were salvaged while I was on school.

Ah! Bitter memories. Only if I could have remembered anything from the past. Who was I back then? Did I had any family? Questions that no one could ever answer, and was kept deep inside my soul.

The rain grew stronger as the shards of lightning filled the sky. Grumbling sounds of thunder roared. It's like a fancy coincidence. It is exactly how I feel now. Another bang of thunder filled the whole city, and this time the light of the whole place went out.

A blackout.

I hurriedly got up and search for my flashlight anywhere else in this house, but before I reached the cabin I saw an eye-blinding flash of light filled the room. Strange. Was there a fire? I ran towards the window where the light was coming from but all I saw was an unexplainable rare phenomenon.

Beyond the rain clouds was a large shard of lightning, and at its peak was...

A human?!

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. As I looked back again, I saw it free-falling towards the river on our backyard. Before the light wore off I searched for the flashlight near the cabin. I got it and made my way down, keenly expecting around if something was wrong. Immediately I went out of the house and searched for the person that fell from the sky. Gushes of the wind were strong and fierce as the rain was heavily pouring the same as the fear I was feeling. The branches of the trees were shaking horribly and the traces of lightning gives fright to the scene. I had to run to the river and find out who was that person.

Honestly it was like a bizarre that someone really had fell from a lightning. No one could ever fly that high, but well I have to believe to what I saw and I should try to find out if he's ok.

I wandered around but I saw nothing. Not even a trace of anything. As the wind gently soothes down in accord to what I wanted, I sat down under a tree and took a small rest. I was just hallucinating I guess. Who would ever be that person anyway? Hopelessly I stood up, and took a step away.

"Help.." A small faint voice came out of nowhere.

I just heard something, and I thought it was just a hallucination again..

"I know you are there.. I beg.. Help.." Again the same voice came.

Chills ran down my spine as I tried searching for that voice. Near a sakura tree, just right behind the flowing river I saw a maiden lying flat on a rock. Amazingly I inspected if it was for real- and I figured that "she" was a girl. Her long white hair was covering up the rest of her body. She was nearly hugging the huge rock which I believe she fell on, and on her bach were white, large, and wide-open wings.