•Prologue•

B L O O D   S W E A T   &   T E A R S

P R O L O G U E

Ryu Nari stood in her art room with a paint brush in her hand, trying to think on what to paint on the blank canvas that was in front of her. Her speakers were blasting with music from her favorite rock band, Motionless In White. People might think that she's crazy listening to this type of music, usually when someone wants to get things done or to just simply think, they have to clear their mind from all things negative in order to get things done. So to keep the mind busy and not think about all the things that might discourage you, most people listen to music. But of course, this does not apply to everyone, but for those who do they'll listen to soft melodies in order to relax the mind. But there are some cases where people work best while listening to music with a much energized rhythm.

Nari was one of those cases, if she listens to classical music while painting she'll feel as if she's going to fall asleep.

The young woman let out a sigh as she set down the paint brush on the table and looked around the small art room while running a hand through her dyed blonde-white hair. In the art room, there were paintings hanged up on the walls, others were on the floor one on top of the other while a few more were on top of a table in a corner. Over the past few months, Nari had been preparing for her first art exhibit which was next week, she only needed to do one more painting and all she had to do was to go to the gallery where her exhibit will be held and place the paintings there. But since the gallery demanded her to do a certain amount of paintings, she can't place her paintings in gallery until she finishes the painting she's doing right now.

She was cut off from her thoughts when her phone started to ring. Nari walked towards the table and picked up her phone which was on top of a few paintings. She looked at the screen in confusion as she looked at caller ID. Then Nari lowered the volume of her speakers before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello Ari, how are you?" Nari's mother, Ryu Yuna asked, making the young woman sigh. She and her parents didn't talk too much after she decided to leave the house. When Nari finished her senior year, her parents wanted her to study something she didn't have any interest in. They wanted her to study medicine in order to become an Oncologist, Yuna and her husband Dae-Hyun feared that their daughter would end up studying something that wouldn't bring her a bright future. Something that wouldn't bring a roof over her head and buy the things she needed. And something else that they won't admit out loud because they felt shame in even thinking about this, but there was a small part of them that wanted her to bring honor to the family name.

Even though her parents didn't want to say the last statement out loud, Nari knew her parents well enough to know that they wanted her to honor the family name. But she didn't want to honor the family name if they wanted to make her do something she didn't even want to do. Why honor the family name if you're going to be unhappy?

Her parents wanted her to become an Oncologist, but what she really wanted to do was to become an artist. Nari knows that it might be hard to reach her goal but she believed that with some effort and sacrifice she would be able to reach it. And the art exhibit in the following week would be a big step for her since an Art Critique will be there. Since Nari's parents didn't support her on what she wanted to do for her future, they gave her a desission...

Stay and become an Oncologist.

Or leave the house and become an artist