Turbulence

Some called her a fighter for peace. Some called her a warrior of justice. Others may have called her a leader. And a few may have even said she's a role model. But Detective Maggie Sawyer is none of these things. She is anything but.

She is cold.

She is a killer.

She wants scum bags to be put away, that's it. She doesn't 'love' and she definitely doesn't go on dates.

She is a lone wolf.

She is a follower.

Some one who doesn't want to stand out or be put on a pedestal. She just wants to blend into the crowd and not be seen.

It gave her a sense of peace to feel invisible.

That no one was following her.

Watching...

But as life goes, things tend change, to grow and that scared Maggie to death. Something not being familiar or the same. When she didn't know what was going to happen next, she was at a disadvantage.

Change was never kind to Maggie Sawyer. She despised change. It was her worst enemy. And even the smallest change would set off her mood.

That's why she almost took her chiefs head off when he assigned her too an investigation north of Canada. And that she would have to take a plane there. And a pretty public one.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?"

"I don't make the rules Sawyer. Oh wait! Yes I do! Now get your ass to your shitty apartment and pack up your garbage! You leave first thing tomorrow, 5:30 a.m. Sharp!" The chief pointed at the door.

Maggie snarled at him. "Fine!" Then she turned and walked out the door.

Now she was on this shitty airplane, with annoying passengers. She had the joy of sitting next to a pregnant woman with a screaming toddler. So no sleep for Maggie Sawyer.

Here's another nice thing to know about Maggie. She hates children.
Winey little things that made messes and pooped and were loud and annoying, and very time consuming. Not to mention expensive.

The best part of her day wasn't that or the fact that the kid threw up and got it all over Maggie's expensive shirt. But the fact that they started experiencing turbulence right after. And the babies crying got louder and louder.

She moved her hands up to cover her ears. Hoping to drown out some of the crying, but failing. She decided to get up and go to the restroom.

She walked to the back of the plane and ran right into the person exiting the bathroom.

"Watch it!" They snapped at her, giving her a dirty look.

She looked at them and clenched her fist at her side. She held herself back. It's not worth it. She turned and entered the restroom, closing the door behind her.

"Thank the fucking... a... never mind." She sat down on the toilet seat lid and pulled her shirt off. Switching it with her sweater. She put her shirt in her duffle bag and wrapped it up, so the vomit wouldn't touch anything in her bag, or her bag for that matter.

"I fucking hate this! I hate my job! I hate where I live! I hate my life! I hate myself!" Maggie listed out her thoughts, verbally. Getting all her dark emotions out and out of the way. So she can go back to be apathetic her.

Almost emotionless her. The way she liked it.

She got up and left the bathroom. Making her way back to her seat. But when she got there an old man was sitting there. Her anger started to emerge, but she held it back quickly.