Oblivious Love (a Jack Gilinsky fanfiction)

Chapter 1-

Jack's POV:

It's been 3 years exactly since I've lost my best friend and first love. I've dated many other girls but I always felt numb. I never got the same feeling that I got when I was with Kimi. My thoughts and memories of her were abruptly interrupted by an all too familiar voice.

"Jack, we have to go!" my best friend Jack Johnson called from outside the hotel room. Our next stop for Magcon is in Tampa, Florida. The only reason I pulled myself together and walked out to Jack was because I knew Kimi's family moved there after her death, and it was my personal mission to find them and say a proper sorry sense they left almost immediately after the incident, without any goodbyes.

Kimi's POV:

It felt as if I was drowning. He looked deep into my eyes telling me how much he loved me and that it was all going to be okay. He placed his soft pink lips on mine and all felt so real, until I woke up. I was furious with myself, I've been having this dream lately and it's always been the same boy, telling me the same things, in the same hospital room and the dream always ended with the same kiss. I've heard that repetitive dreams could mean something so I've looked into it and it turns out that the boy might have something to do with my past. Which is a problem because I remember absolutely nothing from my past. I walked downstairs to find my mom still in her robe preparing breakfast.

"Breakfast?" she asked way too smiley.

"No thanks I'm already late," I replied contemplating on whether I should tell her that I've already missed first period. I walked outside and found my friend, Sadie, waiting in her beat up Honda. The minute my butt touched the passengers seat she screamed.

"What?!" I looked at her terrified.

"We're going to Magcon!" she squealed almost as high pitched as her scream was.

"What is Magcon?" I asked and she gasped.

"Are you serious?"

"I'm serious," I said confused as to why it was such a big deal.

"Here," she handed me her phone. "Go to my pictures and look through my album titled 'sunshines', you'll fall in love," she guaranteed as she started her engine. I shrugged and started to look through the pictures of the boys.

"What do they do?" I asked as I stopped on a picture of a tall dark haired boy. She started speaking but I ignored her.

"He's cute," I interrupted her. She looked at the picture and smiled.

"Jack is fucking hot," she agreed. I scrolled and landed on an extremely familiar picture.

"Sadie, who is this?" I asked quietly.

"Fetus Gilinsky," she smiled once again.

"Gilinksy," I whispered looking at the picture. He must've been around age 14 there. He looked awfully familiar and I couldn't figure out why.

"I can't believe we're gonna see him, he's so hot! Jack Gilinsky is bae," she went on and on but I stared at the picture and blocked her from my thoughts. All I saw was the strangely familiar 14 year old boy staring back at me with a perfect smile.

"Jack Gilinsky?" I asked more to myself but Sadie heard.

"Jack Gilinsky," she sighed dreamily.

"Jack Gilinsky," I repeated once again. That's him! The boy in my dream! His name, his face, it was all so familiar, it was as if he was a part of me. It was coming back to me slowly.