Date at Taco Bell

Doodle carried her tray to her usual seat in the lunchroom and sat next to me. She glanced up at the table where Birb and his friends always sat. She took a look at his beautiful  face and looked away real quick, to make sure he won't notice.

    We had our usual conversation which was talking about who's top in Joshler and a bunch of other random shit. We shared many laughs and she took many glances up at her senpai.

    The eighth time she looked at him he looked right back. They made eye contact for about five seconds and he smiled at her and oh how she loved his smile. His smile was like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The rainbow is his personality and his gracious looks while his smile was everything that made it worth while.

   She turned away, blushing profusely and she giggled, hiding her nervousness and panic.

   "Did that really just happen?" she asks confused, but extraordinarily happy.

   "Hell yeah, and I witnessed all of it!" I say back, with a slight wink.

   Ms. Marquez (the principal) starting blabbering into the microphone as she released the tables out to lunch break. We were the last table to be released, as always and as soon as she let us go we rushed to throw away our trash and stepped out into the field. We got into our normal friend groups and chatted amongst ourselves about no topic in particular.

   Doodle and I ran away from our friend group and walked around the field talking endlessly about eggs. We were nearing where Birb and his friends always hung out. I nudged her with my elbow as we approached her senpai. I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she gave me "that look."

    Birb looked at up at us and then at Doodle and he smiled once again. God, not again! What do I do in this situation? She thought to herself.

   Doodle smiled as well and they both went back to their normal business. We continued our adventure around the basket ball courts and suddenly Birb had tripped and fallen on top of Doodle when she least expected it.

   They laid on the ground awkwardly for what seemed like forever until Birb got up and apologized.

   "It's fine, really..." said Doodle, anxiously.

   After more apologizing and awkward contact we parted ways and Doodle was still as red as ever.

***

    After trying to forget what happened, it was the end of the day and we got to finally go home. We walked to our usual spot to wait for our rides just as soon as Birb walked up to Doodle and began a conversation between them. They hadn't known how much they had in common until now.

    After awhile he had to walk home and Doodle was left smiling the rest of the day.

***

    For the past few weeks, Doodle and Birb had been talking more and more. (I was there too I was the annoying little fuck who butted in every now and then.) They became close friends and on a certain Friday Birb had asked Doodle to go to Taco Bell with him.

   "Hey, um do you wanna maybe go to Taco Bell with me on Saturday...?" said Birb, almost shaking.

   "Hell yeah!" said Doodle excitedly.

   They planned everything out and it seemed like a date.

   "Okay, bye see you then!" said Birb as they waved at each other and walked away, happier than ever.

***

   It was the day of the date. They planned to go 8:19 and it was already 7:30.

   I just happened to be at Doodle's house on that Friday, trying to calm her nerves and help her out.

   "What the hell do I even wear?" asked Doodle.

   "Just wear a TØP shirt and black jeans with yo noodle hair." I responded.

   "Oh, I mean ok." she said as she went to go change into her emo clothing.

   She came back out in her clothes and with her noodle hair and she was looking foin.

   "I'm ready and I should probably start heading over there." she said to me. I simply nodded in response and hugged her goodbye.

   She walks out the door unknowing that I was gonna stalk her date. As soon as I saw that she was far enough for me to follow, I walked out and went her way, ducking behind some bushes. In the distance, I see her walk into Taco Bell and I do so as well.

   She sits down at a booth with Birb and they both smile and start chatting.

   I sit at the booth behind them with a pair of sunglasses and a large trench coat. Somehow, they don't notice me the whole time.

   They get up and Doodle orders a quesadilla and Birb gets a frito burrito and they sit back down. They get to eating and they seem to be enjoying themselves. 

   After a while, Doodle seems to get nervous again and she stops eating. I take out my phone and text her.

    "Bitch, why ain't you eating." I typed and I pressed send.

   She texts back and asks how I knew what she was doing. I told her to look behind her. She looks and sees me and turns around again.

    "What the hell, Mel." she texts again. I reply with a winky face and we go back to normal.

***
   They finish their food and get up to throw away their trash. They head towards the door and Birb holds it open for Doodle as she thanks him and walks through, still smiling.

    Doodle shivered at the cold fall breeze and Birb had noticed. He took off his sweater and put it around her shoulders as she blushed and smiled brightly at him, thanking him once again.

    "Cliché." she said quietly. He chuckled in response. They shared a comfortable silence with a few words every now and then.

   They got to Doodle's house and she handed her sweater back to him and smiled.

   Birb looked at her for a while and then brought his lips to her head and kissed it. Doodle was once again, bright red. She smiled even wider than before as she said her goodbye.

    As soon as Birb walked away and turned around the block I jumped out from behind a bush.

    "bitCH I RECORDED THAT ALL I JUST  WANT YOU TO KNOW. " I said as I showed her the camera I had in hand.

    "Jesus Christ you need help." she reponded back.

   "I know."

***