Chapter 36

August Pov

"Uncle Aug..."
"Uncle Aug...."
I keep hearin these lil girls when in all reality i just wanted to sleep.
So i ignored them. Maybe that way they a leave me alone.

"He knocked out " Kaykay giggled. This lil girl a goof.
"But i wanna open my presents" Noonie whined.
Chay sucked her teeth "I a wake him up" befo i could react. Chay heavy handed self smacked the hell outta me. Even throw me off the bed.

They giggled as i rubbed my cheek "why you do that fo?" Chay always got some attitude. She really her momma's daughter.

"You wasnt hearin us so we woke you you up that way " She said with her smart mouth.

"Damn girl i think you dislocated my jaw" I kept rubbing my cheek.

"Hurry come out so we ca open our presents" Noonie clapped.

"What time is it ?"
"Time to brush yo teeth uncle Aug" Kaykay said pinchin ha nose. This girl a trip.

"Aight aight i'a be down in a minute" i rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"You better uncle Aug" Kaykay said walking out. "If not i'm goin whoop you" Chay said.

"Well i be damn , thought i was the adult around hea"

"Please dont make us come back up hea , is goin hurt my heart to whoop you " i couldnt take it no more i busted out laughing.

What the hell! This kids should really consider acting the future. I swea. They almost had me thea.

I got up to go brush my teeth and freshen up before i go down. After this morning i was hella happy.

Mya had utter five words and then that was it . She went back in her state. But those words restored soo much hope in me. I couldnt thank God enough.

I didnt care what time it was . I called ha damn docter to lemme know wassup.

He said she was slowly coming back, gaining strenght. That it would take a while for her to fully strengthened. So there's a possibility she would wake up but wouldnt be up for long before going back to sleep.

I was soo happy to hear those words man. You have know idea the kinda joy i have right now. If i wasnt excited about Christmas earlier i sure am na.

Soon i finished i walked downstairs and meet them sitting by the table.

"Come on Uncle Aug " Noonie patted the seat next to ha.
"How come you took so long?" Kaykay said. "I had to make sure my breathe was smelling right" she busted out laughin.

"Alright na settle down , who's gonna say grace?" Cha tapped her chin playfully. All the girls looked excited yelling me' me ' me'

"Hmmmm Kay kay " she sqealed like she won the damn lottery.

"Dear lord, as we come befo you we thank ya for givin us this time to spend Christmas together in a home. Thank ya for this precious food you give us, bless those who dont have. In Jesus name.
Amen"

"That was real good Kaykay"
"Thank ya thank ya" she dramatically flipped her hair back.

"Dang yall started without me and mama? Thats disrespectful" Travis shook his head.

"I raised yall better than this" mama said playing around.

"We know how tired you guys were , didnt wanna disrupt ya sleep." Cha said.

"It wasnt that way for me" i playfully side eyes my nieces. They giggled. "Is that so ?" Cha said lookin at them too. All tha gigglin stop in two seconds.