Prologue

Ops;

To be in the law or to be a snitch.

_____________

It was late one Tuesday night. Xavier was in bed, watching her favorite show; Empire. She had found herself beginning to doze off to sleep when she had felt her phone buzz next to her. 'Jaheim' had flashed across the screen with the kissy face and heart emoji next to it. A smile fell onto Xavier's face.

"Hey baby" Xavier answered.

"Wassup Ma.." Jaheim replied in a dull tone. "Can you meet me somewhere?"

Xavier got up from bed "Of course I can. I gotta talk to you anyway." She sighed.

"Ight.." He replied.

"What's wrong boo?" She asked.

"Nothing..just meet me at that old bridge behind the factory.." He said.

She told him okay and hung up the phone. She threw on some sweatpants and a hoodie, on her way out the door she made a detour to her kitchen and reached in one of the junk drawers. She grabbed a taser and placed it in her pocket.

She and Jaheim had only been seeing each other for a couple of months now..6 months to be exact but she knew his background as well as what he did for a living and she wasn't gonna take any chances..just in case he wanted to show his true colors. The news she was getting ready to lay on him she was kinda hesitant on whether a taser would be the only thing she needed.

She left her house and made it to the old bridge in about thirty minutes. She turned down the narrow road under it and saw Jaheim's car. She pulled up beside him and waited a few minutes. Once she saw him get out the car, she began to do the same.

Once they had approached each other, he pulled her into a tight hug and let out a deep breath. They kissed a few times and pulled away from one another. He took her hand and led her to the back of his truck. He put the tailgate down and helped her up there. They sat on the edge and it became silent between the two.

"Babe are you sure you're okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah ma, I'm good." He nodded.

"Jaheim..you can tell me anything. You know that, I'm here for you." She kissed his cheek.

Jaheim knew everything wasn't good, and Xavier knew it as well but he damn sure wasn't gonna let her know that. Jaheim never was the type to confide to anybody, especially not a female but it was something about Xavier that made him feel comfortable..something that made him feel like he could tell her anything without wondering if she even cared.

"You ever been so tired of people and their bullshit ass lies..just tired of muthafuckas period!"

Xavier didn't speak she just listened.

"All my life I've been dealing with bullshit! Dealing with the fact that don't nobody, not even my damn mama gives a shit about me!" Jaheim raised his voice. "All twenty five years of my life..I've been talked down on, treated like shit, and told I wasn't gon be shit..don't nobody give a damn about me." He scoffed. "Just tired of lies and bullshit. I just want one person, one person to be real with me..is that too much to ask for." He sighed. "But you? You're different. I know you down for a nigga. You just might be that one person I need..but enough about my soap opera shit..what'd you wanna talk about?"

She froze...she didn't wanna tell him anything now. Especially after his rant he had just laid on her.

"Umm..I'm pregnant." She said with a nervous laugh.

Jaheim stopped and stared at her. "Pregnant?! Are you serious." He said.

She nodded her head and smiled. He jumped off the truck and picked her up, he twirled her around and gave her a long and deep kiss.

"You're actually happy?" She asked him.

"Of course I am baby." He smiled.

"I was scared to tell you. I thought that maybe a kid would distract you .." She said.

"You're carrying my child. You and my seed are my world, far from a distraction ma." He kissed her again.

On the outside Xavier was happy and smiling..but in the inside she was freaking the hell out! Now that's two lies that she would have to keep covered. She could easily cover up the pregnancy. She knew that now he'll just have to get her pregnant...but now she was struggling with the big question. How much longer could she keep it covered that she was ...

an Undercover Cop for the DEA..who was ordered to get close to him and bust him..but ended up falling in love with him

_____________________________________