chapter 1

The streets in the cool after summer breeze were crowded as the people went by to enjoy the last sunny and warm days of the year in London. It was still warm enough to spend the time in the evenings outside and that was also what she did. The brown haired girl wasn't in the same mood. She wasn't really the summer type. She went trough her hair while  sipping on her coffee and making her way back home to the other part of the city. As she arrived at her small flat which she chose to live in with a good friend, she noticed a letter at the front side of her door. Sighing she took her keys out to open it while mentally making a note to pay the last bill before they got thrown out of the house.

Her red haired friend watched her put off her clothes as she watched the latest episode of her new favourite show on their old couch.

,,Hope you were successful?" The blonde girl asked, staring at her.

Rolling her eyes she sat down next to the red head.

,,Hello to you too, Sam. Not really. I don't know how we are even able to pay the next bill'', she answered, putting the note of the door on the table in front of them.

,,Claire, I know it seems hard but you will get a job, trust me'', she tried calming her best friend down.

,,I don't know, maybe I'm just too dumb to be able to get a job.''

,,Oh really? Stop pitying yourself. It's miserable to look at", she grinned back at her.

Claire smiled back realizing how horrible that sounded. She knew it wasn't that hard to get a job but maybe she should start putting her standards down.

,,And if you have no other choice", Sam continued ,,you can still ask your parents for money." Knowing how much it pissed her off to ask her parents for money she made sure it sounded ironcally.

Claire just stared at her in shock and grabbed a pillow to throw it at the laughing  girl. ,,That is the last thing I would do". 

The brown haired girl never had the best relationship with her parents. It wasn't like she hated them but they just never had a real bond with each other. Her mom was always a women who cared a lot about what other people thought of her and that's pretty much the opposite of what Claire was thinking. They lived in a small city where everyone talked about each other and knew, for Claires liking, too much about the nearby neighborhood. Her father wasn't much like his wife but he never had much to say at home so he wasn't really a big help either.

The girl always wanted to move out to see the world and to stand on her own feet. She was so excited when she had the opportunity to get to live with her best friend miles away from home in the big city called London.

After the girls watched a couple of Episodes on Netflix Claire felt the need to get out to get some air. All the time she couldn't forget about the job, the missing money and the future.

,,Hey Sam-" she stopped as she noticed that her friend fell asleep.

She took one of the blankets to cover the petite girl up, got some clothes and her favourite vans and got out.

The cold breeze hit her once she took a step on the street. She walked through some groups of people who enjoyed the nice summer night. She on the other side wasn't in such a good mood. Her thoughts were filled with the list of the problems she had and it was getting all of her. She was annoyed. Annoyed that she wanted to protest against her parents and annoyed to be so stubborn and full of pride to not even ask them for some money. She just wanted to live a life by using her own money which certainly wasn't much.

Full of anger on herself she went down to a nearby river next to a bridge where she always sat down if she needed time to think. It calmed the girl down to hear the water flowing while she was plucking grass off the small streak of meadow she sat on.

But it didn't feel as always. She felt uneasy, as if she was being watched.

She turned around to scan the old building behind her but couldn't see anything. Normally she wasn't that kind of paranoid person but at that moment she knew something was off.

Suddenly the girl heard a horrible noise. She was sure it was the sound of a gun shot somewhere nearby. Completely in shock she stared horrified and hectic around. It couldn't be that bad right? Maybe she was just wrong and it was just someone throwing something heavy at a wall or- she couldn't think a clear thought, didn't know if she should run and hope for the best or hide somewhere.

Then there were voices shouting in the distance sounding so angry and harsh. She was unable to understand but it couldn't be good in any way.

Finally out of the frozen state, Claire ran for her life through the streets back home. Her heart was beating so fast, she almost worried about it falling out her chest. What if someone was killed, what if someone died over there?

Scenes out of nightmares clouded her minds while she was still on the run. But quickly the girl was out of breath and leaned on a house wall trying to get some air. She was wondering how she could run that long anyway, she had never been a very fit type which she was starting to regret. God she was probably overreacting, she now thought to herself.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello :)

So, this is the first time I am trying to write in English so please don't be too hard on me. I hope you like it.