Dance

Jimin POV:

I was walking in the front doors of my high school when the bulletin board by the main office caught my eye. There was a big poster in the center of the board.

"'Talent Show'. That could be fun," I say to myself, looking over the information on the poster.

"Maybe I could dance," I thought.

*RING - RING - RING*

The warning bell rang, indicating all of us students to get to class.

_______________________________

"Hey guys!" I yell across the cafeteria, to the rest of my friends- aka, BTS.

"Hey Jimin,", "What's up ChimChim?" I start to hear all of my friends greet me with my different nicknames. I sit down, in between Jungkook and Yoongi, at our usual table in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Nothing," I say, "Actually... I'm thinking of joining the talent show," I whisper the end of my sentence.

"Oooooo," they all say, sounding intrigued.

"Yeah. I thought it would be fun," I tell them.

"AND, it will be our first time seeing you dance!" says Jin from across the table.

"You're right," a few others say.

"Ok. I'm going to use the rest of lunch to practice. See you guys later," I say then standing up from the table and heading outside.

_______________________________

I've been practicing my dance that I've been learning in dance class, in an area that not many people hang out in, or even know about.

I was in the middle of my routine when I feel something, small and hard, hit the back of my head making me stop in place.

"Well, well, well... If it isn't little prissy Jimin the dancer," you hear someone say behind you. I turn around to see Ji-yong (G-Dragon) with Seung-hyun (T.O.P) standing slightly behind him.

Once I realize who it is, I stopped my music and stand up straight, since they were older than me.

"I had no idea that the one and only Jimin was a girly dancer," Seung-hyun says.

"Yeah, we thought you were cool like the rest of BTS. Are you, like, gay?" Ji-yong questions, laughing at the same time.

(A/N: I am in no way against male dancers or people of the LGBTQ community)

They continue to say hurtful things to me about being a dancer. Standing there, I just take everything they say, trying not to show that their words are really affecting me.

Once they finally leave, I continue to stand there rethinking everything.

"Should I quit the talent show? Or should I just quit dancing all together?" I thought, thinking I should quit dance as a whole.

_______________________________

It's finally the end of the day, and I've decided not to go to dance practice after school, like I do everyday. After what Ji-yong and Seung-hyun said to me I'm thinking if I even should do dance anymore.

I finally make it home after my 40 minute walk.

I'm walking up the sidewalk, almost to the front door. My mom then asks through the kitchen window, "Why aren't you at dance practice? You should have been there 10 minutes ago," she says with concern in her voice.