Chapter 1

PROLOGUE 

(INTERIOR: LIVING ROOM, NIGHT TIME)

(Two young men sit on a dirty, white couch, watching TV with blank, unimpressed expressions on their face. The one on the left is obviously the younger of the two, strong, handsome, disntinctly Filipino looks and a skinny build. He is about 16-17, wearing a white wifebeater t-shirt and white boxers. The one on the right is his older brother, about 25-28, somewhat pudgy, also dressed in a white wifebeater t-shirt but colored boxers and smoking a cigarette.) 

(The room is part of an apartment, in an apartment building in a rather unimpressive but not exactly impoverished section of Metro Manila. Not exactly Tondo but not exactly the skyscrapers of Makati or BGC either. The apartment is dirty but well-furnished. We are at home with NICO (16-17 years old) and his older brother Jeb (25-28 years old). The two are watching a Filipino variety show, in the vein of ASAP or Party Pilipinas.)

[STARLET ON SCREEN]: AT ATING NEXT PERFORMER, ANG WASAK NA WASAK, HINDI TALAGANG MAGPAPATALO, GWAPO NA GWAPO- -

Nico scoffs and shakes his head.

NICO: What's this fucking trash, man? Same shit people every week, same corny-ass dance routine- -this shit still rates?

JEB: Hoy, hindi porket naka-private school ka na, mag-i-English-English ka sa akin, ah.

NICO: I can't believe you're watching this trash.

JEB: Don't English me, I'm panic.

[STARLET ON SCREEN]: AYYYY! ANG SAYA-SAYA TALAGA DIBA, NOHHHH?!

NICO: Fuuuuck that.

JEB: Hoy, huwag ka magmura dito. Bahay ko parin ito at guardian pa din mo ako. 

Nico throws a couch pillow at Jeb. Jeb throws it right back at him and Nico catches it, putting it down.

JEB: Uy, tulog ka na. May pasok ka pa bukas diba?

NICO (shaking his head): Na out-of-school-suspension ako eh. Bakasyon mode ako ngayon. 

JEB: ANO?! Tangino mo Nico, ano ginawa mo ngayon?

Nico gets up from the couch and walks off-screen. Jeb shakes his head and takes a drag of his cigar, laying back on the couch. He itches his balls and lets out a loud, resigned sigh.

(Camera pans to show Starlet on Screen dancing in the arms of Handsome Hunk and waving at the audience. Nico re-appears and looks at the screen.)

NICO: See? Fucking trash.

JEB: Get a life, Nico.

Nico proceeds to walk off-screen again while Jeb looks on and shakes his head. Jeb reaches down for a bottle of beer and takes a huge swig from it.

(INTERIOR: CLASSROOM, MORNING) 

(The classroom is full of teenage girls, around the same age as Nico. They are in their uniforms and the classroom is adorned with crosses, implying it is a Catholic school. There are no boys around, implying it is an all-girls Catholic school. Class has yet to start and a small crowd of girls gather around one girl sitting atop one desk in the middle of the room.)

(The girls are all obviously well-off, ranging from middle to upper class upbringings, as is typical with these types of private schools. The girl sitting on top of a desk is Nina, a teenage girl with dignified, classic Filipina good-looks and an exasperated look on her face. Right across her is a pale, skinny, Mestiza, Valley girl/conyo girl of about the same age named Jessica.)

JESSICA: Nina, is it true ba what they're saying?

NINA: About...?

JESSICA: C'mon, Nina, don't make tanga-tanga with us naman, nohhh....

The other girls coo in agreement. 

JESSICA: Are you a- -virgin?

NINA (obviously tired of this question): So what if I am?

The other girls throw their hands up in the air, shocked and amused at this revelation. 

JESSICA: ABA! Someone as pretty as you are, as good-looking as you are- -

NINA: Jessica....

(RANDOM GIRL IN CROWD): BAKA LESBIAN SIYA!

The crowd of girls quickly turn to Jessica, and then back to Nina for an answer, all of a sudden much more interested by this suggestion. 

JESSICA (folding her arms and addressing the crowd): You know, I heard that's true though that you're more likely to become a lesbian daw in an all-girls school. 

NINA: Jessica, don't be fucking stupid- -

JESSICA (quickly placing her hand on Nina's thigh): No, no, it's totally okay, we can keep a secret....

Jessica proceeds to run her fingers up Nina's skirt, only to be met by a quick and infuriated slap of the hand by Nina. 

JESSICA: Wow, way harsh naman. Is that how you reject boys? 

NINA (hopping off desk and proceeding to the back of the class, while crowd follows her): Jessica, pabayaan mo na ako!

JESSICA: Aba, break na kagad tayo?! Way harsh, Nina!

Crowd titters, most likely out of subservience to Jessica. Nina walks swiftly to her desk in the back of the classroom, only to stop as she has noticed something is on her seat. She steps closer and realizes it is a dildo, sitting upright on her chair. She glares back at Jessica and the crowd of girls.

JESSICA (winking): The class gift, from us to you. Don't knock it until you've tried it, Nina!

Jessica proceeds to turn around while Nina grabs the dildo from her chair.

NINA (under her breath): Tangina mo, Jessica- -

Nina throws the dildo at Jessica, with a great swiftness that implies that she is probably athletic. Meanwhile, the teacher, a stern old maid in her late 50's to early 60's, walks into the classroom, holding a textbook and a meter stick.

Despite Nina's athletic prowess, she misses Jessica and unfortunately hits another person with great accuracy- -her teacher. The teacher, smacked right in the face with a huge purple dildo, looks at the classroom in shock and disbelief- -and immediately faints.

The crowd of girls, also shocked and disbeliefed at this turn of events, do not know what to do.

(RANDOM GIRL IN CROWD): Does this mean we get free period?