Bus rides

I skid my feet, making my way to the third seat on my right  and roughly drop myself on the seat that my best friend also sits in. She moves her bag so that I may sit and headphones make their way into my ears. Recently, I've noticed that it's become a habit of mine to leave the left earbud out incase she says something to me. She pulls her folder to her lap and i follow, mentally cursing as i remember the homework due today. We fill out our work, not forgetting to copy of the other's paper as we do opposite sides of the sheet. The sun is rising and apollo's chariot leaves rays flooding through the bus windows. Trees become silhouettes in the morning sky and the moon will fade.
Sometimes, we just sit in silence. It is not uncomfortable silence, there is nobody I would rather sit with as my mind follows the tempo of my music. other times, we will continue the time with a conversation of our own. Contentedness fills me with the moments we spend laughing at the idiots beside us as he makes a complete fool of himself, knowing we will be entertained. I look out the window and think for at least a second about how beautiful the scene taking place around us all is. The LED of the shops in the tiny shopping centre with the new food shop, where once was a coffee and worms. Long gone but never forgotten, old friend.