Chapter 1

My heels scrape against the white tiles as my long red dress swipes against the floor. Do I look fancy? Of course. Do I feel fancy? Of course. Am I fancy? No. This is a one time thing. Of course I'd be dragged into this. Because I'm dragged into everything. Cheers, Kate! Thank you, Kate! Also, Fuck you, Kate! And once again, Of course I'd end up with a best friend like Kate. Do I love her? With all of my heart. Was this a good idea? Fuck no.

"Emily!" I hear Kate's voice over the classical music. I turn around to face her. Oddly, she has a boy draped around her. "Em, meet Lucas" Kate says pointing to the guy attached to her. I smile politely at the boy as he gives Kate a little nudge making her blush. Wow cute. Note my sarcasm.

I lick my chapped lips. "Kate, I'm going to get a refill, be right back" I smile as I head off to find the drinks once again. Why oh why, have I found myself in this situation? Dressed up in a big fancy house, not to mention I don't even know who the owner is. Well, all I'm gonna say is Kate.

"Shit!" Someone snaps me out of my thoughts as I feel my upper body suddenly becoming wet. I look up to see a guy with big brown eyes with a smirk on his face. "Didn't see ya there, darling" sounds sweet right? No. Because his big ass smirk is spread across his face and damn do I want to punch him. I growl and turn away walking the other way until I feel someone grab my wrist "hey, don't be stubborn" I turn back around to the same guy. "Thanks for ruining my dress" I snap. Not to mention is wasn't even mine. It was Kate's and she's gonna kill me.

He chuckles softly and he finally cracks a smile instead of a smirk.

"Can I just hit you?" I groan and roll my eyes. "Hitting won't get you anywhere, well I mean, it will get you kicked out if you really want that?" Then realisation hit me. "You're the owner of this house?" I raise my eyebrows in disbelief. But come on! The guy looks like he's eighteen! He nods and laughs at my reaction.

I look down to see he still has his hands wrapped around my wrist. I fake a cough hoping he would remove his hand. But nope. Of course he doesn't move. He's a horny little kid and let's be real, I look great tonight.

"I have to go" I say yanking my wrist and scanning the enormous room for Kate. "Cinderella needs to be home before midnight?" The brown eyed boy says as he raises an eyebrow. I scoff "no" I quietly mumble. "Sure" he rolls his eyes and let's go of my wrist.
"I thought you'd be a little devil" this boy continues. Jesus Christ. Shut the fuck up. "I am. But not for you" I smile as I turn away. "How about a game?" And that's what caught my attention. "Do you like a little fun?" He continues.

"What do you mean?" I turn back around for what felt like the tenth time tonight. "I mean, a game" he licks his plump pink lips as he takes his opportunity to speak again. "How do you like truth or dare?" He says his voice low and husky.

"I'm listening" I say confirming I'm all ears. "Truth or dare?" He questions moving closer to me.

"Truth" I gulp at how close he was to my face.

He pouts looking down at me "Aw you're cute. Thought you were a little devil? You look like an angel to me" he once again, lick his lips.

"Fine! Dare" I roll my eyes.

"I dare you to get into my car and come on a drive with me" he speaks.

My mouth drops. "What's your name?" I question. "Shawn, Shawn Mendes"

"And how do I know I can trust you? What if you try to rape me or something?" I keep questioning him.
He laughs. Quite loudly actually. "Because your little friend, Kate. She knows me. She's quite fond of my best friend Lucas over there" he nods his head towards the now visible pair.

I sigh and he holds his hand out for me.  I hesitate before taking his hand in mine. "My name is Emily, call me Em" I say as me and Shawn both walk out of his maze of a house.

Man. I'm gonna regret this.