Intro

Shawn's POV

I struggle to unlock the door to my new house. It's currently 3 a.m., I have all my luggage, I can't figure out which key is my house key, and I'm exhausted from my long flight back to Toronto. After the fourth key, I swing the door open and heave my luggage inside.

When I walk in, I expected mountains of unpacked boxes and all the decorations I ordered off Amazon. Instead, everything seemed to already be in place how I would like it and the decorations were mostly up.

I left my luggage at the door and walked around my new house. I hadn't really gotten used to calling this place home mostly because I've been on tour this whole time. I walked to where the master bedroom was and saw it was set up nicely. There was a bathroom connected to it so I went in to splash some water in my face.

On my way to the kitchen, I noticed soft music coming from the guest room at the end of the hall. I turned on the hall light, cautiously approached the door, opened it, and peaked inside. The first thing I noticed was a lump in the middle of the bed.

There was a person sleeping in my house and I didn't know what to do. Do I wake them up and see what the heck they are doing in my house? Call the cops? Call Andrew? I mean, waking them up and keeping 911 handy should be fine.

I quietly walked into the room and approached the bed. I tried to see who was sleeping but there face was buried in the pillow and covered by the blanket. How were they even breathing? I gently shook them awake but I didn't get any response. They mine as well have been dead. I shook them harder and they mumble something. I shook them one more time and the gasped and shot up out of the bed.

Sitting in front of me was a girl. She looked around my age, maybe a year or two younger, with dark brown hair and blue eyes. Her eyes were alarmed and stunned and she just stared at me until a look or realization and embarrassment crossed her face. She broke eye contact and looked down.

"Who are you?" My voice shattered the awkward silence and it came out a little harsh. She seemed to try and make herself look smaller as she pulled the covers closer to her. I immediately felt bad for intimidating her but in my defense, she was a stranger in my house.

"I-I'm your new assistant. I th-thought Andrew told you about m-me..." Her voice was very soft and she was a stuttering mess. Andrew had never told me he had hired me an assistant or that he thought I even needed one. I don't even know how to use an assistant. That still doesn't answer why she's in my house. She must have seen the question on my face because she continued talking. "Andrew said that I could stay here to help set up your house and he thought it would be more convenient if I lived here so you wouldn't have to always call me over." That seemed weird but reasonable to me.

I sighed and started pacing back and forth in her room. I didn't really know how to live in a house with another girl besides my sister. This was weird for me and if I'm being completely honest, I wanted to try a live life on my own for a little bit. She's here now though so I guess I could try and adapt. I could always fire her if things didn't work out, but I would feel awful doing it.

I looked back at her and she was just nervously staring at me, waiting for me to say something. I was too tired to worry about this right now and I could already feel a headache approaching. "You know what? Just go back to bed. We will sort out how this will work in the morning. I'm sorry for barging in and waking you up."

"No it's completely okay. It must be weird to have a random girl sleeping in your house." I chuckled a little and I could feel the awkward and nervousness leave the room. I sighed heavily and put a lazy smile on my face. "Well goodnight Shawn. I hope you sleep well." I said goodnight, walked out of her room, turned off the hall light, and trudged my way to my cozy bed.

-

AN: So this was just a short introduction to a story idea I had. I literally just through this chapter together and I don't know if I'm going to continue it. Should I continue this story? Also, if I were to continue this, would you like me to add a song to the chapter that I used for inspiration or that I think fits the chapter? I don't know, let me know what you guys are thinking and if you have any ideas for this story.

Have a great day/night!

~R.C.