WIDE EYED.

it seems as if all the stars of azure has decayed to graze earth; a spectacle of brilliant, dancing incandescence that is much too effulgent for my admiration. tell me, how does the city wear a golden mask with a starless sky smothering it?

you dip your head to saturate my skin with your exciting fraudulence and i devour the apricot nectar cascading down your rosette lips greedily.

the honeyed palatableness is so staggering it burns my tongue and drags my stomach into colossal depths. you curve into the crevices of my callous humanity, stealing the stardust in between limbs, leaving me in ashes. i disintegrate.

take grasp of my waiting arm.

and all the celestial beings mingling with dirt and dust have perished.

waywardly, we withdraw from the dazzling city and there is a benign confession at the crook of my neck when i conceal myself timidly in the flashing red, sinking my toes further into concrete streets.

perceptions.

i think there is paint dripping from your fingertips and i am wholly your creation. you think i am the night, hidden beneath false proclamations of love and adoration. we were destined to fall without ever rising.

the atoms i am construed of are singing now, chanting a fiery chorus and the moons of my flesh dances discordantly, yet still exquisitely.

i bury a mind of enigmas and fail to reveal that my bones are too brittle to fill the infinitude beneath your sheets. but i do so anyways. that's love.

this is us; perfectly flawed and burning bright.