Prologue

Screams tore through the air in the cobbled streets. Woman and children ran to their houses, hoping, wishing for safety as the men grabbed their weapons and sprinted towards the battle. The sound of metal on metal echoed through the air as the raging fight between the Street Rouges and the Silver Guard escalated, almost out of control. Yells and shouts from captains and generals could just be heard above the hisses and the screeches coming from the Rouges.

"PUSH THEM BACK! DON'T LET THEM REACH THE ACADEMY!" Shouted a general from the Guard.
"SIR WE'RE TRYING! THEY WONT BUDGE!"
"Then call in the hounds."  The guard nodded gravely at the command and shot off into the academy. A few seconds later after vicious fighting, a low howling and snarling could be heard. The Rouges began to flatten their cat ears back. Slowly but surely, they began to move backwards, back to Bandits Forest.

The hounds suddenly pushed their furry, muscular bodies out of the crowd of guards at and bounded at top speed towards the Rouges, teeth bared. A piercing scream was heard from the meifwa (cat-people) as they turned and ran back into the forest. The hounds came to a shuddering halt just at the edge of the trees and let out blood-curdling howls. The battle was won. For now.