The Change Technology Is Making In Our Lives

Living in the 21st Century, technology has been changing almost every person's life. Many use it to communicate, to work, and to get information. But technology is not always good. It can also harm people if they do not protect themselves from the danger.  

     First of all, people use technology to communicate and work. With social networks and e-mail services like Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, it is very easy for someone to talk to someone else through technology.  Studies have shown that 1.4 billion people in the world use Facebook. This shows that social networks are affecting many people in the world. They use it to communicate, to share things, and comment on other people's posts. Services like Microsoft Outlook and Gmail also help people. Many employees working in companies like HP, Apple, Microsoft, and other tech companies often use these e-mail services to help them communicate and get work done in coordination. When doing group projects in school, students also often use these services to coordinate with other group members and get work done together, so that everyone has a helping hand in the project. Social networks and e-mail services are one part of technology that is changing everyone's lives.

     People also use technology to get information. If someone wants a definition of a word, they can go to Dictionary.com and search the word they want the definition of. If they want to learn about something, they can go to Wikipedia.com and search it up there. There are about 17 million articles written on Wikipedia.com, meaning a lot of people use it every day. These services are commonly used among students when doing research projects or writing essays. From Wikipedia, anyone can view a detailed article about someone or something. The article can be edited by anyone, so if there is any innacurate information, someone can change it and make the article accurate. In this way, getting information is another reason why technology is changing people's lives in the 21st Century.

     Technology can help people in many ways, but there is also another side to it. Technology sometimes leads to identity crisis, theft, and other problems. Often what happens is that people visit websites that could install malware (viruses that can destroy the files on a computer) or other viruses on the computer. There are about 12 million people who get viruses on their computer every year. Most of the time, people are unaware of this and the virus gets on the computer without the user knowing. The virus could then delete all the files on someone's hard drive, the place where all the files are located, and the computer would then be rendered useless. In other cases, viruses could record all the letters or numbers someone types on a keyboard and if they type in their bank account info online to, for example, buy something online, the virus will record it and the hacker controlling the virus could hack the bank account. They can then take the money, causing the user of the computer to be in a financial crisis. The hacker can also get the user's e-mail username and password, if the user signs in to their e-mail account when there is a virus on the computer. Thus, technology can be very dangerous if people do not take proper precautions such as installing anti-virus softwares and not visiting suspicious websites. 

     Technology has changed the lives of many people in the world. People use it to communicate, get work done as a coordinated group, and get information. Unfortunately, due to the growing number of hackers in the world who try to steal private information, technology is becoming more and more dangerous to use.