Just 15...

Chapter 1-

I can’t believe it. I held the test in my hands and blinked a few times, just to make sure I wasn’t seeing double. Crap. The two pink lines confirmed my fears and tears started running down my face, I turned the stick around and read ‘2-3 WEEKS.’ You guessed it, the test in my hands is a pregnancy test, and I’m pregnant.

My name is Aria, Aria Wilson. I’m 15 years old, as of a few weeks ago. I’m in Year 10 at the SirLaurenceHigh School. Today is the 1st of July, which means there are only three weeks left until the summer holidays and I’m classed as a Year 11. I live with my mum and older brother Aaron, he’s 19. Today is the day that my life changed, forever.

I wrapped the test in tissue and wiped away the tear stains from my cheeks. I shoved the test into my school bag and took a deep breath, before finishing my mascara. I put on my school shoes, applied just a little bit more hairspray and picked up my school bag. I made sure I had thrown the test box into the bin and walked out of my room, slamming the door shut. I popped my head into Aaron’s room and waved goodbye to him, he’s so lucky, mum let him drop out of university, simply because he wanted to. Now he’s looking for an apprenticeship instead. I shut his door and went downstairs into the kitchen, where mum was cooking breakfast.

‘You’re in a rush, where are you going?’ She looked at me with worry. ‘You never leave without breakfast..’

‘Yeah mum, I’m not very hungry and I’ve gotta get to school early, I have an assignment to hand in.’

‘Oh ok, well if you wanna stay for breakfast I can always just drop you off in the car..’

‘No mum it’s fine, I’ll see you later, I’ve gotta get to school, I love you, bye.’

‘I love you too Aria, I’m not gonna be here when you get back I have work.’

I nodded and walked back into the hallway, I plugged my headphones into my phone and played the first song. I stepped out of the front door and onto the sidewalk. 10 minutes later, I was at school. That’s one of the benefits about living close to school, you haven’t gotta walk far. I completely ignored everyone I walked past, as I went to my locker and opened it, piling my books inside. I hid the test at the back of my locker, that way if someone went through my bag during the day, they wouldn’t find it. I was stacking my books into my locker when I felt cold hands placed on my hips. I gasped, slammed my locker shut and spun round.

‘Hey baby, did I scare you?’

Standing in front of me was Jordan, my boyfriend, he looked so innocent, and he didn’t have a clue. His hands moved to the lockers, so that I couldn’t move. I didn’t say anything.

‘What’s the matter? Are you ok, you’re super pale.’

‘I’m fine, just not really in the mood for talking right now.’

‘Why not? Talk to me, please?’

His hand moved to my face and he lifted my chin up, so that I was facing him rather than the floor. He planted a single kiss on my lips, and then pulled away smiling.

‘Is that better? You know you really do look beautiful today.’

‘Thanks I guess.’

‘Why are you acting weird with me, have I done something wrong?’

‘No its not you Jordan, I’m just not feeling too good.’

I made sure my locker was shut and started to walk to my first class, Jordan followed me.

‘What lessons do you have today Aria?’

‘All the same ones as you, we have the same lessons on Mondays remember.’