MURDER

My name is Jaden. Jaden Smith. And if you are listening to this it means you accepted this and ready for anything to happen to you. Well let us start by the end. Well boys or girls and gentleman, I am gonna ask you something. Have you ever felt that you are the most important person and the most intelligent person in the world? To be honest I did once. More precisely I am like this at this moment I am talking to you.

I was standing in my house leaning against the frame of my mother's bedroom door which was mine as well. I was looking at the floor trying to understand the image on it. I was trying to figure the real picture of it. What was it telling me?

Suddenly my thought got diverted towards my mother. She is crying. She is sitting on the sofa wiping off her tears but more are coming out. She is not able to quell them.

" Why is she crying?"

I looked through the window but nothing was visible. It was dark. Finally I decided to near her and asked what is making her sobbing. I could not move. I am trying but my feet won't even advance forward. I turned around and saw my dad lying there motionless. Blood was all over him. He was naked and a knife was in his mouth and one on his head. His tongue was besides him and his eye balls were in his hands. Well don't make that little funny face you just did. You must be thinking how cruel this is. The yellow banner was constituted around the bed. Two policemen were inspecting the surroundings taking notes and one forensic scientist was taking blood samples. I was cuffed.  

" you punk. get going. we need to go. you have a long life ahead of you in the jail."

I simply smiled at him. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me. I walked by my mother but she did not even look at me. I came out of the house and neighbours who used to respect me, they are looking at me with an irascible look. They were indeed shocked. My two homefriends were looking at me with a disappointed look. They must be thinking how come they took me as the best person that ever existed. I got in the van. The engine revved. It started to move. I was looking at my house through the window of the van. I was hoping to see my mother to come out and see me. 10 seconds away from the house- no sign of her. 20, 25, 26,27,28... Will she appear?

I am in the van. I am going to spend the rest of my life in jail- atleast what I was thinking that moment. My mother saw me off and it meant the greatest gift I ever had in the 16 years I have lived. And now imprisonment awaits me.

" Well u know what whimp. you're finished. Your career , your dreams, all of them are burned to dust. Tell me. Why you do it? Killin your own father. Not really a wise or 15 year old boy would do." One of the constable asked.

I looked at him with a blank expression. And corrected him: " I'm 16", and I leaned back without answering his question and gazed at the buildings and trees through which I used to come across everyday while going to school or going on dates. This time the difference is that the destination was gloomy.

One hour 37 minutes 12 seconds as per my calculations later, the van turned in the FBI bureau. I was escorted to the investigation room with the handcuffs on my wrists. A weird blood flow was going through me. What is going to happen to me?

I sat in front of a big mirror and a chair and a table. The detective came in, took his seat and looked straight into my eyes for 2minutes 36 seconds.

" Well Jaden Smith , 16 years old boy attending Princeton High school. Good performance at school. Not many remarks from neighbors, friends, girlfriends. Seems to be a straight man for me. Jaden, I am not going to ask you two times, did you do it?" Detective Joyce Guy narrated with his voice deepening.

" what do you think detective? Are you convinced I did it?"

" Well your fingerprints and the CCTV camera from your own house proves that. I am asking because I want to hear it from you and I want to know the reason ."

" Hmmm... Do you think I will murder my own father with the knowledge that there is  CCTV outside my house which In fact does not literally shows that I killed my father. Not too clever detective. In short, I did not do it. And the fingerprint, I grabbed the knife when I found my father like this. I was panicked and scared. My father got enemies. it can be anyone."

Detective Joyce got up and left the room. I shove my tears and a flashback came in my mind.

" Marie get the hell out of my face slut. You ruined the food." My father yelled throwing the food on the floor and the plate crashing. I was there looking at my mother crying and picking up the pieces.

Back in the FBI bureau, Detective Joyce gazed at his teammates and sighed.

" what's your view Joyce" Detective Dave Happer, a tall man with perky nose straight black hair and a brown fair skin with some wrinkles highlighted on his cheeks quizzed putting  his hand on his waist impulsely.

" As far as I can tell, that boy may or may not be lying. But we got more digging to do and this boy here is not a simple guy that we think. I have a suspicion he may have planned to be here or maybe I am overthinking but it is a murder which I am gonna solve and if it turned to be him I am going to make sure he will remember it for life." Detective Joyce left Dave and some other agents dumbfounded with his eager to punish me.

But one thing they and detective Joyce did not know that I knew who committed the murder because for the time being they are simply assuming the explicit evidences and this case was nothing more than a mere game for the murderer for me and Detective Joyce who was in fact part of the whole plan.