Chapter 1

"Hey Carly! Want to come over? My parents aren't home, they're on a vacation and said that it would be fine if I had one person over!!!!"

"Yeah! That sounds awesome, Ara! Be there in ten!"

"Sounds great! See you in a few!"

       Aracelis, Ara or Lis for short, was having a great day. It was saturday, spring break, parents gone on a vacation and she had the house to herself. It was every teenagers dream. Have the whole house to themselves, invite a friend or two over and just have some fun. Ara had just texted her best friend, Carly, wanting her to come over. Carly only lived a few blocks away which meant it only took her a few minutes to get to Ara's house by car.

       In just a few minutes, there was a knock on the door and Ara rushed down the stairs to open the door for her best friend who almost knocked her over by jumping onto her, embracing her in a tight hug. She stumbled back.
"Ah! Carly!"
She laughed and hugged back. After their long hug, they both rushed up to her bedroom where they laughed, gossiped, watched movies, played games, played pranks and so on. Once they got more tired, they both decided on watching a scary movie before going to sleep.
"Hey Lis, I'm going to head downstairs to get some popcorn for us"
"Oh! Great idea, Carly! Thanks!"
Carly gave her bright smile and got up, turning, which made her long light brown hair with a beautiful dark red that covered the ends of her hair. The next thing Aracelis knew, Carly came back in a few minutes later with a bowl of popped popcorn but a strange look on her face.
"Hey Aracelis, did you invite anyone else?"
Ara knew that something was up. Carly never called her Aracelis unless something was wrong.
"Huh? Uh why?"
"Umm... Because there's some guy outside your front door..."
Ara's eyes widened and she rushed around, making sure every window and door was locked and by the time she passed the front door, the man was gone. She let out a sigh of relief, thinking he just left... She headed back upstairs and just before she went into her room, she looked down the stairs to see a silhouette of a man. Her heart dropped and she rushed into her room and slammed the door, locking it, telling her friend. Carly called the police as footsteps could slowly be heard coming up the stairs......

(Hey guys! Catt here! This was originally a short story but let me know if you want more!!!)