Come With Me

"Leave her alone!" Leah was struggling the robbers' grasp with a gun to her head.

"Why should I? She's feisty." Cameron's eyes gleamed with the edge of death.

"Leah, stop moving. I don't want to hurt you." Leah froze in surprise. The robber loosened his grip out of no where. Leah turned her head to see blood dripping from the robbers' mouth.

"Cam!" Leah snapped her head to look at Cameron with her mouth wide open.

"It wasn't me, I swear!"

"Then who was it?" Leah got the robber off of her and laid him on the ground. She noticed a navy blue feathered arrow sticking out of his back. It looked black in the night.

"That was me. My deepest apologies if I frightened you." Leah and Cameron both looked up to the nearest roof. There was a guy standing there with a black leather jacket and tight black jeans. He had long dark shaggy hair and his crystal blue eyes shone in the moonlight. A quiver of arrows on his back, his long black bow hanging in his hand. He held up a finger and walked off the roof. Leah backed up, walking into someone and squealed. She turned around and there was the blue-eyed maniac who walked off a roof. As she stepped away, Cameron grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him.

"Now isn't the time to be scared. You are in danger, and I am here to help, m'lady."

"W-who are you?"

"My name is Roy. I have been assigned your protector. Please come with me, m'lady."

"She isn't going anywhere with you. I am taking her home, and you won't stop us. Come on, Leah. It's been a long night. Ignore this guy, you're safe as long as you stay by my side."

"But-"

"I said we are leaving. Now come on." Cameron grabbed her arm and started walking away. She was trying to walk on her own when Roy pulled an arrow out of his quiver.

"You will not hurt, m'lady. Let go of her wrist. You may fool her, but you do not fool me, Cameron Roggel."

"Roggel? Your last name is Rowan. What is he talking about?" Leah stopped walking, pulling her wrist away from him.

"I told you to ignore him. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Now please, Leah. Let's go home." He offered his hand, avoiding eye contact with Roy. Leah turned to Roy, expecting an explanation. Roy smiled apologetically but sweetly.

"Cameron is not who he says he is. Roggel is the name of a very dangerous family in this country that is spread all over. They are looking for you, and I am lucky to have gotten to you before they could do anything serious. Please m'lady, do not risk your life by going with him. We can keep you safe. Train you to protect yourself if you like." Leah looked back at Cameron with confusion and suspicion.

"I've been hiding for years. I'm a new person, why are there people searching for me?"

"How would I know? What do you mean you've been hiding?"

"You will take your lie to the grave, won't you Cameron?"