Just A Dream

My heart raced as I ran quickly through the woods. Growling was coming from behind me, drowning out the sound of my frantic heartbeat.

My breath became heavy, my vision going blurry. I shook my head to clear it, and almost stumbled over a fallen tree. I hopped over it at the last second. I stumbled before catching my balance and took off running again. A spilt second of silence and a thud on the leaves told me that I was still being chased.

I threw a glance over my shoulder for a second but came to see the ground rushing to me. I landed with a grunt and I spun around a second before there was a large gray wolf above me.

His lips were curled into what seemed a devilsh smile, fear began to pulse through me and a gulp slithered down my throat.

"Good night." I heard a deep voice and the wolf lunged for my neck, teeth bared.

:||:

I shot awake, sweat dripping down my face. My breath hitched as I grabbed at my chest were my racing heart was.

My eyes trailed out my window, I could tell it was still the middle of the night. I stood up and walked over, looking out.

I could feel eyes staring into me and mine trailed to the trees were I saw two glowing orbs. Seconds after of a stare down I made out the wolf that haunted my nightmares.

It blinked and his lips did the same menacing curl as a smile.

My heart began to race and I tore my eyes from him and rubbed them. I looked back and it was no longer there. Doubt and fear tugged at my stomach as I sat myself back down on my bed.

Plopping down and reaching into my pocket I pulled my phone out.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I hissed as I looked at the time; 3:43 AM. I grumbled and rolled my eyes.

They brightened when I noticed I gotten a message.

Riley- Hey, you still up? Can't sleep.
3:02 AM

I smiled as my fingers instantly gave a reply

Me- Yeah, had another one of those dreams
3:44 AM

As I hit send I got situated in my bed and my phone buzzed.

Riley- Oh, haven't you talked to your parents?
3:44 AM

I grumbled and and began tapping at my screen with a reply.

Me- Are you nuts? My parents would send me to a mental hospital and force me to go through some stupid shit like therapy!
3:44 AM

Hitting send, I tilted my head back against my headboard, oh the irony... right? My head began to tangle and I hadn't realized she texted back.

I looked at my phone.

Riley- well, I'm here. You can always talk to me.
3:45 am

I pinched the bridge of my nose and texted back;

Me- Of course I do, you're always there.
3:46am

As soon as it sent there was a tick on my window, it caused me to jump and almost fall off my bed. I stumbled off and tiptoed to my window, hoping I didn't wake anyone up.

I opened the window and looked down, and instantly a pebble hit me in the head. I huffed and a pip of apology called quietly from below. "Really, Riley?" I mumble and wave her up.

As she climbed up I stepped aside and let her in.

She climbed through with a large smile. She looked at me with wild eyes. "So, Ella, what happened this time?" She asked in a calm voice and I looked down.

"Chased, tripped, killed." I bit my lip and went back to my bed. I could tell she had eyes on me, my skin burned and I looked up. "Gracella Marie, what are you keeping from me?"

Her voice was daring and a little angry as she made her way to the other side of the bed. A painful gulp ran down my throat as I met her eyes.

"I saw him, in my window. I heard his voice." Was my only response, a mumble.

-Viewed and edited by Daikester on Thursday, July 6, 1:13 PM, Alaskan time.