The Last Summer ( A JcCaylen Fanfic )

Chapter One: (Skylar's POV)

----------------------------------------------

I walk down the hall and make my way to my locker. I enter the numbers 5, then 25, then 5 again. I slightly hit my locker and it opens. I begin looking for my books. I grab my Biology book and push it into my arm. Then my notebook that is practically falling apart follows. I shut my locker and turn around to see a large crowd of people surrounding me. I quickly turn back around, remembering that I had left my phone in my bag.

The bell rings.

I reenter my combination and hit my locker. My locker doesn't budge and I only have a minute too get to class. I hit my locker again, yet it doesn't move.

The final bell rings and I realize I'm late to class. I decide to try one more time.

I hit my locker once more and it creeks open. I grab my phone and push it into my back pocket. I slam my locker door shut and roll my eyes annoyed.

I begin to walk very quickly to my home room, increasing my speed as I turn a corner. Suddenly I am knocked off my feet and a bruise on my head starts to form. I sit up rubbing my head.

"Hey, watch where you're go-" my sentence is cut short when I open my eyes and see a boy stand up.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you. I was just in a hurry to get to class." He says as he reaches his hand out to help me up.

I grab his hand not really knowing what to think. "Um, no that's alright. I should of watched where I was going." I say as he helps me up.

"My name is Justin by the way." He says with a perfectly white smile.

"Um, I'm Skylar." I say, rubbing my head.

"Do I need to take you to the nurse?" He asks watching me rub my head.

I look at him confused. I suddenly stop and look at my hand. "No, no I'll be fine." I tell him.

I look around the floor and see my notebook had completely fallen apart. I start picking up my papers.

"Oh, let me help you with that." He says as he picks up my Biology book and gathers some of my papers together. "So you're in biology?" He asks me.

"Um, yeah. My parents thought it would be a good idea to take biology this year." I say piling my papers together.

"So you must be a sophomore." He states. I could tell he felt confident about his statement.

"Actually no." I say, throwing him off. "I am a freshman this year. I doubled up on science to try and get ahead." I tell him.

He stares at me for a few seconds almost looking confused. "Have you always gone here?" He asks.

"Yes..." I answer as I rise from the floor with what feels like a million papers.

"That's weird. I just don't ever remember you but that's probably because I'm a junior." He says while looking at my papers in his hands.

I give him a fake smile and reach for my papers.

"It was nice meeting you." He says as I'm walking away to my homeroom.

Chapter Two:

-----------------------------------------------