Chapter 1 - 10

Chapter 1: I Really Am A Good Person (RT)
"I am a good person."

Even though everyone knows that I am a good person and a law-abiding citizen, why does the public security officer in front of me still harass me to no end.

"As a law-abiding resident of Liu Huang Mountain City, I pay my taxes on time and work diligently. In my workplace, I am a hardworking employee. In this vicinity, I am a good neighbor and a good friend. I'm even an avid pet lover! Look at this medal, my Ah Bao is the champion of the Community Pet Superstar competition!"

The medal and ribbon hanging on the wall serve as the evidence of my past glory. Carved on the medal are the words, "The 7th Annual Liu Huang Mountain City Community Pet Superstar Competition Champion", "Blessing our lively and cute Ah Bao to stay forever healthy".

At the same time, Ah Bao, who I am very proud of, is enjoying his meal by the foot of the wall.

However, no matter how much I try to explain, the Dark Elf Public Security Officer simply stares at me silently, as though as she had already decided that I was lying.

"Pet? Ah Bao? You mean that fearsome monster! He's one of the reasons why we are receiving complaints about you! The Lop family has complained about your pet attacking their son!"

Under the medal, my Ah Bao is licking a bone fervently with saliva dripping from his mouth. Noticing his owner looking at him, he smiles at me. Such a cute pet!

"Lop family? Who is that? I really don't have any memory of them."

Just as I was hesitating whether I should use Reconnaissance Spell to refresh my worsening memory, the Dark Elf Public Security Officer, seeming to notice my memory slip, flashes a cold smile.

"... Don't you think your words lack reliability? After all, his son's tibia bone is still in the mouth of the monster you are rearing."

"Oh? Ah! So you are talking about the neighboring Skull Soldier family. Their family seems to be fond of playing with Ah Bao. Such kind people they are."

Flitting towards Ah Bao, I try to wrestle the tibia bone out of his mouth but to no avail.

Frustrated, I raise my fist and knock on the head of this silly dog.

"Let go, let go, you idiot. If you don't want to be locked in the pound then let go!"

Such an obedient dog! Looking at how obstinate I am over this, the cute Ah Bao whimpers and gives up his treasure with a pitiful look.

"Don't worry, Ah Bao. After I get this bitch off my tail, I'll make the entire Lop family plays with you for an entire year." I promise him with a hushed voice.

It would be hard to refute her with this tibia bone here serving as a proof of the crime. I tried to squeeze out a smile to fawn on the public security officer.

"A misunderstanding, it's all just a misunderstanding. Ah Bao is just too passionate. He has always liked to make new friends and whenever it's time to leave, he would always be ever so reluctant. To receive a memento of remembrance from a friend, isn't that something normal?"

I tried to pass over the tibia bone, but the Public Security Officer abruptly takes a step back.

"Stay away, maintain a safe distance from me. Who knows what kind of nefarious curses you may be preparing down there. My comrades are still out there. If I don't return, you would be facing the wrath of the entire Town Order Security Army(simplified as Town Security)."

Even though I have put myself in such a lowly position, this lass is still unwilling to spare me some face. My good intention of handing over the tibia bone was met with a look of disgust and she even retreated two steps away from me and assumes a false bravado that spells of wariness against me.