Walking Into The Past

As I walked around my subdivision in a daze I found myself in a field of wheat. The sun was almost set...Just a few minutes ago it was only midnoon. "Where the heck am I?" I whisper as I slowly turn in a circle taking in my surroundings. A small and frail child seemingly no older than 6 darted past me screaming hoarsely. "Help! Somebody please help me!" She ran as fast as her small legs could carry her. A large male with broad shoulders, clenched fists, and a red face followed closely after the little girl. I stared in awe not knowing what to do. The man caught up with the child & picked her up by her neck. "NO!" I screamed but no sound escaped my lips. The large man's voice boomed, "I told you what would happen if you tried to run again Stacy." He shook her still holding a tight grip around her neck. Stacy's lips turned purple and the color drained from her face. I was screaming loudly yet no sound came out at all, as the wind smacked my headphones out my ear I realized that I could call the police. I looked down to dial the number but as I looked back up I was no longer in the field with the girl & the man...I was back in my subdivision passing my neighbors house...