Chapter 1(More Like An Intro)

I'm not usually the one who stands out in the crowd, okay, well, I never do. I can honestly say I am a walking definition of the word average.

I lack any interesting qualities or abilities, I'm just plain ol' Halyn.

But her? She was something special.

Who am I talking about?

Well...her name was Florence.

•••••••••••••••••

I was walking out of my Pre-Calculus class, heading my way to lunch. I don't usually go to the cafeteria, but today I forgot my lunch at home. So I had no choice.

When I finally got to the line, I waited patiently, or as patiently as I could. Five minutes had past and nobody had moved an inch, except the douchebags that skipped. They had a tendency to be obvious, it's like they loved the feeling of people hating them.

Well at least they get a reaction out of people, right?

I've never really skipped before, maybe that's why I'm unnoticed?

As I was thinking to myself I felt someone bump into my mid-back. I turned slightly to see you hunched over looking for something. I would've turned back around right there, I mean usually when I help someone out they walk away without a thank you. However, I didn't turn around because it was you behind me. I'm guessing you found what you were looking for because you quickly stood up straight, placing your glasses back on. I guess you found me staring because your chocolate eyes moved from forward to up at me.

"Hi! Sorry about that, some guy pushed me up to you, and I dropped my glasses." You said smiling, laughing at the end.

"Oh it's okay." I gave you probably the most awkward smile out there and just turned around.

After about 5 seconds, I felt a tap on my back. I turned around again to find you staring at me with a big smile. I then looked down to see you offering your hand.

I took it. It was soft.

"My name's Florence, but call me Flo!" You said looking kindly at me with your big brown eyes. What you didn't know was that I've known your name ever since you were the new girl that stepped in my 5th grade class all those years ago. How could I not remember you? You were the only girl with purple highlights.

"Uh..Hi, my name's Halyn."

"Aren't you in my English class?"

"Yes."

"I thought you were familiar,"

When you said that I grew dissapointed, because I've had you for at least one class every school year, you probably only recognized my name because we recently had to check our neighbors paper, and you have been sitting next to me since the beginning of the school year.

"Well this line isn't moving at all, come on Halyn!" You exclaimed, giving out a dramatic sigh, grabbing my arm and motioning me to go with you.

"Huh? Wait!? Where are we going?" I asked surprise.

"Art room." Was all you said.

And that's how I met you, not the weird girl everyone knew and tolerated, but the one that taught me things, things I didn't know were possible for an average guy like me to learn. Things I thought that I wouldn't be able to grasp, but you helped me.

•••••••••••••••••

Hello! So this is my story! So yeah, sorry this chapter is short, it's more of an introduction then a chapter but the next chapter will be longer, promise.

-Love,

Edith :)