1.

-Rowan. Your name is Rowan.. Said her Mother, Amara as she was putting her in the swing.

She was just twenty one when she gave birth to that baby.

-You are special, she said kissing her on her cheek.

People knew about us, they hated us.

They called us vens, from veneficers.

They learnt about them after a long, long story..

They said.. If a baby was born with that scar we should kill it.

It was an animal formed in their back, different to each one of them. It started from the shoulders and it leaded to the neck.

-What is yours sweetie? Do you have one too? I will not let anything happen to you. Said Amara.

My mother left me deep in the woods when i was born. She was afraid of my scar.

It is a dolphin. A dolphin is the animal that was formed to my back.

When my mom left me bears heard me crying and found me. I felt like there was a connection between us. I did not know about the bear in my back. But they helped me grow up, they were my family.

I stayed with them, they took care of me, they gave me food, they gave me water..

Time passed faster than I thought. I stayed ten years with them.

When i was ten i found a deer hurt laying down. It was ready to die, there was blood all over him. I touched him and a light appeared in my hands. His scars healed and he stopped bleeding. Somehow i healed it. It got up and everything seemed fine. He could walk, he could even run! I had no idea how i did that.

Four years later i decided i wanted to be like everyone else. The bears did not let me leave when i was younger, I felt their love, I felt their need to protect me. When i was 14 i finally went to the town. I thought I was mature enough to protect myself, I wanted to show I was not defenseless, I would prove I could protect myself. But I did not know their language, I could not communicate with them. A boy in my age found me and helped me when I was wandering on the road. His name was Atom. He took me to his family. He lived with his mom. They did not know about us and what we could do so they helped me. I went to the school, I learnt how to speak and stayed with them for a long time.

The mother of the boy that hosted me in their house got sick three years later and i went to visit her in the hospital. The doctors told me she did not have much time and she would die the next few days. I had only healed that deer in the woods I had not shown my ability to heal to anyone else after that. I did not know if I could do that again. I approched her, i held her hand and I tried so hard to heal her. She was there for me, I could not just let her die. I helped someone before, why not do it again? Even though I did not want to show them what I could do but I did not have a choice.. I held her hand, I closed my eyes and I thought how much I care about her. She has helped me so much. I had a feeling, a feeling that that was what I should do. But what about the deer? I had never seen it before, I just did not want to let it die. I knew I should learn how to control it but I had no teacher and no one else was like me to help me.

-I healed her, I did it!

She got up and hugged me with tears in her eyes.

On the one hand I was proud and happy, but on the other hand how did I know people would not hate me, how did I know Atom would not hate me for what I am?

Everone was looking at me. They were surprised. They started asking me questions but I could not answer.

-How did you do that? Have you done that before?