Give Into Me

"Hi, yes I'd like to by this too." Claire said to the cashier. When she took up the job to host the Super Bowl Sunday get together, she had no clue that it would consist of; buying all of the food and drinks, moving the flat screen tv from her bedroom to the living room, and making sure the house was spotless by two days. Did people not understand she needed to squeeze work into the equation. But all in all, she always enjoyed having a nice time with her friends.

"Would you like for me to bag up th-"

Then, BANG!

All she saw was the cashier hunched over the cash register, the receipt still in her now cold hands. Her jaw dropped when she saw the man all dressed in black coming towards her. She could see curls poking out of the old, black beanie. Claire could also see his eyes. Green. Her favorite.

"Lady! Give me your purse. Now." The assumed robber said opening the cash register, still watching her carefully. The other cashiers had escorted the rest of the shoppers out of sight. It was only Claire and him.

"I said give me your purse!" He yelled banging his fist on the counter, causing her to step back. "You have one chance." He said slowly, evilly. Once Claire finally found the ability to move, she put the purse on the counter and hoped he would leave her alone.

He snatched the purse away from her and started filling it with money. Only then, did she realize that she should have called the cops. But the now, occupied purse, held her phone.

He looked up at her, and saw the tears in her eyes. His heart broke, but his bank account was even more broke. So he decided against it, and carried on his actions.

Before fleeing from the scene, he looked over at her once again. "I'm every sorry. But you just don't understand the needs I have." After running out of the store, he took a sharp right turn on his heels to his Black Range Rover, which he also stole.

Claire stood still for some time before she could gather the courage to even take a step outside. Once she did, she took a slow step towards the door, but forced herself to look back at the now cold, dead cashier. Why would someone do that? But she couldn't bring herself to call the police. She didn't want to decide the green eyes that dug a hole in her forever.